Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 03:41:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Off Subject, But Good News!

Started by hisliltulip, Dec 22, 2003, 12:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hisliltulip

I fell across a house for sale online over Thanksgiving.  It's a forclosure, asking price was about 1/3-1/2 normal market value.

Just found out on Friday that our offer has been accepted, we will be closing in January.

5 Bedroom, 2 bath, 2 kitchens, in a small town like we wanted for our three boys (2 his, 1 mine).

I am walking on air!  Never in my wildest dreams did I expect this size house on our meager incomes!  God has truly blessed us!  Hopefully he will continue to do so, still waiting on answer from judge on littlest boy.  Hoping for full custody, answer due back by second week in January.

Needless to say, the boys are ecstatic (as are DH and I!).

Beth:-)

StPaulieGirl

Thank God and merry Christmas!  That's the size of house(minus an extra kitchen to clean)I'm looking for.  Good luck in January!

Peanutsdad

LOL congrats!!!

btw, I seriously advise you both to rent and watch "The Money Pit". A movie that I have come to believe my own fixer-upper was based on ;)

Indigo Mom

And I have a feeling this is one of your Christmas prezzies!

Congrats on the huge house...btw....what are ya gonna do with 2 kitchens?????

Kitty C.

What a WONDERFUL present for you and your family!  I knew that foreclosures were good, but never realized HOW good until now!  That is INCREDIBLE!  I am so happy for you and your family! :D
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

hisliltulip

Yeah, I've seen it, one of my favorite movies.

I know it could be a money pit, but at this point, I don't care!  The lovely trailer that we've been in the last two years is the biggest money pit I have lived in so far.  I'd rather put my money into something that will appreciate than depreciate!

Now, don't jinx us!:+

hisliltulip

There are 3 bedrooms, one bath and kitchen upstairs.  The kitchen at this point consists of some cupboards and a sink in a carpeted room, but there is adequate space for a small refridgerator.  As they get older, (8, 5, and 5 now) their playroom can become a rec room without too much change.

Oooh, soooo excited!    :D

StPaulieGirl

Yep, I'm living in one.  My aunt and I figured that we could sell the family mausoleum through probate "as is".  Besides demolishing the bathrooms, and ripping out the kitchen,  I found out that the house needs to be rewired...after I bought a new washer and dryer.  The gas line where the old dryer was, has to be shut off, or it will blow up the whole damn neighborhood...so I say to myself, fine, I'll get an electric dryer.  Hahaha!  My breaker box doesn't do 220 volts.  I just did 14 loads of laundry at the laundromat a couple of days ago.  I've had it with this place!  

The kids want to move back to the desert, plus I have a friend (well lots of friends...but he's special), and I can hopefully scoop up a foreclosure, or a HUD home.  I don't mind minor defects, because I know people who can help me fix it.