Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 16, 2024, 10:25:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wow- new revelations by the pope

Started by Brent, Dec 24, 2003, 08:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent

VATICAN CITY (AP) - A frail Pope John Paul ushered in the Christmas holiday in a midnight mass in St. Peter's Basilica, decrying "too much blood is still being shed" in conflicts around the world.

Yeah, thanks for the News Flash. I'm supposed to be in awe of this ageless wisdom and piercing insight?

Statements like this are why the pope is deemed less and less relevant every year. I mean, come on- had anyone else made this statement, they'd have been lampooned as a bit stupid to say the least, but let the pope say it and suddenly it's breaking news and worthy of reporting on. What's next- "Pope Reveals That Gravity Makes Things Fall To The Floor"?

StPaulieGirl

He's in pretty bad shape these days, so I don't let his rambling bother me.  What ticked me off was the statement made by a Cardinal, crying about Saddam Hussein's undignified picture.  If he thinks that's undignified, wait until he sees what the Iraqis will do to Saddam if they get the chance.

When they can figure out a way to clean up the Church, then I'll listen to their editorial comments about world conditions.