Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 04:25:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

good news for a change

Started by booten71, Dec 27, 2003, 08:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

booten71

Well I got to talk to my son on the day after christmas,he had a 24 hour pass to go see my mom.He was so happy to be able to get out of the hospital even if it was just for the day.He seems so much different than he was 3 months ago.He is doing so good at the hospital getting treatment that he was allowed to skip 2 levels and has more priviliges etc etc.The dr said that he is ready to be transferred to a drug and alcohol treatment center(inpatient),then to a foster home until the state decides if they still wish to retain custody or release him back to my mom.The sitiuation between him and his dad has not improved but gotten worse,he didn't pay his phone bill and it has been turned off,so he has absolutely no clue about what is going on with his son.I really think that even though I feel guilty about things getting to this point with my son and him having to be hospitalized in the long run it was the best thing for him,at least now me and my family know what is wrong with him and how to get him treated,I am not saying that this is a "cure" but it is alot better than it was before.He has done alot of growing up while he has been hospitalized,he realizes now that alot of the things he has done really took a toll on everyone and he feels so much remorse for the trouble he has caused everyone.I just wish that his dad could see the amazing changes in his son,I just live one day at a time and each day I wake up in the morning feeling that even though I am not right there my son knows that I love him and I care about the things he has gone through in the past 3 months.I tell myself I have nothing to regret because I am supporting him and will always be there for him,even if his dad has turned his back on him.

StPaulieGirl

I remember your posts on the old board.  This has got to be hard for you, but in the end...you'll know you did the best you could.  I hope the New Year brings blessings for you and your family.

wendl

Boot,
I am so glad he is doing well. I know how hard this has been for you and the family, and now you know he is doing, well, you couldn't ask for a better Christmas present.

May he continue to get better, and with the support of you and others he will be fine.

:-)

Kitty C.

Never, ever forget for a minute that you have and are doing the right thing for your son!  You can tell by the positive changes he's made, right?  I'm so happy that things are finally turning around for him AND you, too.  As for his father, it's his loss, but it is also a loss to your son.  But right now he is making progress and has a great support system with you and your mother.  What a WONDERFUL gift you've been given!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Childrenfirst

Count those small steps and get through it one day at a time! You know you gave your son the only gift you could give him....the gift of life once again! Good luck to you in your journey with your son!