Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 03:56:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Video of Jessica Lynch and Lori Piestewa...Warning!

Started by StPaulieGirl, Dec 30, 2003, 08:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StPaulieGirl

Caution...this video is upsetting and could quite possibly piss you off.  I especially loved how that asshole yanked Lori Piestewa by her hair so we could get a better look at her mauled face before she died.

http://g.msn.com/0VD0/00/00?m=nn_engel_iraq_031230&csid=Msnbc

MKx2

SPG ... I wish I had never watched the video ... it is SO disturbing to me.

There are a number of words that come to mind for those chunks of protoplasm called "humans" over there ... but I won't embarrass SPARC by putting them in here.

StPaulieGirl

Isn't it amazing, though?  People were running for the border, but stopped to give our troops food and water.  Regular citizens give tips to weapons caches and underground prisons, but then you get scum that does this to a fellow soldier.  I think they really hate women over there.

Actually this ties into something Brent posted on the Father's board.  It had to do with drafting females.  I asked him to check out this video.  You might want to wander over there and check out my reply to his post.

MKx2

Already read your reply to Brent ...

Now I got a question about all this ... in 1952 there was a law passed that allowed the ONLY son of a family to be exempt from deployment to a conflict zone. This was passed due to the obliteration of so many families during WW II ... so .......

I have one child, a 24 year old son.  While he lives in Canada he is still a US Citizen, and as such has registered with the US Selective Service.  My own dear father was a paratrooper in the Army and was in the OSS during WW II.  I gotta admit that I got some red white and blue running down my back.  But when it comes to my kiddo .... I don't know if I would want him in an area of conflict.  He has told me many times that it is HIS decision, and I do agree with that, but whatchall think of THAT law?  And should it be the same for women as for men?

Just playing Devils Advocate here - LOL

Kitty C.

I tried that link and got the MSN site, but no video came up.  Am I doing something wrong?
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

StPaulieGirl

If they brought back the draft, and both women and men are being called up, I would say that it should apply to both sexes.  Yeah, it's one thing to cheer on the sidelines, but when your kid is over there, it's scary.  If a person is exempt, but chooses to serve his/her country, what are ya going to do?

MKx2

merely exempt from being deployed to a combat zone UNLESS the individual requests it.

In part, the law was passed at a time when it was important for a family name to be carried on.

War sucks in general.

StPaulieGirl

Maybe they pulled it?  I don't know, I haven't watched it since.  Maybe there were complaints about showing reality.

StPaulieGirl

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1053017/posts

A quote from the link I posted:
"In her biography, I Am A Soldier Too, Jessica Lynch recounts telling a friend before her deployment not to worry about her, assuring the friend that she wouldn't "be anywhere near danger." Instead, as the book notes, "she was the victim of anal sexual assault." Lynch biographer Rick Bragg writes, "The records do not tell whether her captors assaulted her almost lifeless, broken body after she was lifted from the wreckage, or if they assaulted her and then broke her bones into splinters until she was almost dead."

I just checked out the link and it works.