Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 10:11:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Funny - OT

Started by Brent, Jan 02, 2004, 08:27:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent

Comments on an article about how Chicago is officially the "Murder Capital" of the US.

As of Wednesday, Baltimore reported 271 killings in 2003, compared with 253 in 2002. It was a 7 percent increase and the highest homicide total during the four-year tenure of Mayor Martin O'Malley, who campaigned on a pledge to reduce annual totals to 175.

Wow! Now THAT'S a campaign pledge- to reduce the number of homicides back down to only 175 a year, because 271 is just too gosh darn many. What a guy. And, not to be outdone in the Rather Obvious Moron Department, the Police Commissioner revealed a little known fact for us, explaining why there were so many more deaths than last year:

Baltimore Police Commissioner Kevin P. Clark said part of the increase was due to gunmen hitting their victims with more bullets.

No shit? More bullets = more dead people. Who would have ever guessed? Apparently the bad guys have been taking target practice, because they're hitting their victims with more bullets and unbelievably, that translates into more people getting killed.

Man, I am SO glad these guys are on the job.

MKx2

OMG Brent!  THANK YOU!  Sheesh ... the explanation of why there are more deaths is a REAL help!  Ya know with this blonde hair and brain of mine I NEVER would have been able to figure that one out ....

Any chance you could come over to my house this evening and help me alphabetize the M & M candies we got for Christmas?

Brent

>Any chance you could come over to my house this evening and
>help me alphabetize the M & M candies we got for Christmas?

I would, but all mine say "W & W" on them!  ;)

StPaulieGirl

And, not to be outdone in the Rather Obvious Moron Department, the Police Commissioner revealed a little known fact for us, explaining why there were so many more deaths than last year:

[p]Baltimore Police Commissioner Kevin P. Clark said part of the increase was due to gunmen hitting their victims with more bullets.

[p]
ROTF!  Maybe the gangbangers have started learning how to actually shoot their guns!  Ok, that isn't funny...

[p]More bullets?  What a maroon.  You know what's next....limits on how many bullets you can buy.

Brent

>[p]Baltimore Police Commissioner Kevin P. Clark said part
>of the increase was due to gunmen hitting their victims with
>more bullets.

>
>[p][/i]ROTF!  Maybe the gangbangers have started learning how
>to actually shoot their guns!  Ok, that isn't funny...

I think those drive-by shooting ranges they set up must have helped. You know, "practice makes perfect". :)

More bullets = greater fatalities. I know, it's amazing. lol

It reminds me of something Gen. Patton once said. The US Army had some number of tanks, and the Russians had three or four times as many. One of Patton's officers discounted the Russian's greater numbers by saying that the American tanks were of a "higher quality" so it should offset the Russion's greater quantity.

Patton responded by saying that "Yes, but quantity has a quality all its own."  He had a point.

StPaulieGirl

General Patton was a genious.  We need another one like him!  Immediately!!!

Maybe instead of more draconian laws against firearms, citizens should be encouraged to buy more guns and get training from the Sheriff's Dept.  If some of these thugs were shot back at by Grandma and Grandpa, maybe they'd stop targeting innocent people.  Especially shoot their rides full of holes...bwahahha!  Gas tank first, then the rims!  )(