Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 06:32:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

If y'all are done bickerin' ...

Started by dcurtain, Jan 06, 2004, 08:40:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcurtain

Back to bizness...

First q...does anyone know where Mr. Soc is?  Vacation?

Secondly...I posted a question a few days ago regarding my final decree...if you have time, would you toss some feedback my way? I meet with my attorney on Thursday and would really appreciate some thought provoking input on it...

Finally....gracias...and g'day!  

Brent

>First q...does anyone know where Mr. Soc is?  Vacation?

He usually only stops in once a week or so. He might be off somewhere vacationing, but I don't know.

>Secondly...I posted a question a few days ago regarding my
>final decree...if you have time, would you toss some feedback
>my way? I meet with my attorney on Thursday and would really
>appreciate some thought provoking input on it...

This is what you were asking about:

"If, after April 13, 2004 and upon petition by either party brought then, the Court determines the terms of this Judgment of Divorce did not accomplish equity, the Court shall consider whether and how to modify the provisions of this Order as equity dictates."

I didn't reply to this because I honestly don't know exactly what they mean by "equity". If the mean a "fair and balanced settlement", then I suppose this could be a reasonable provision. I haven't seen something like this in other decrees though, so it might be a hidden "gitcha" that could be sprung later if your ex is ever dissatisfied with the way things are going. That's the way I read it, and if that's what it is I'd have it struck from the document.