Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 12:39:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

George, what the hell were you thinking?

Started by StPaulieGirl, Jan 07, 2004, 09:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john5739

Peanutsdad,

I understand and agree with everything you said.  The only problem is that the foster system in some states is so bad that it's worse than the birth parents.  In MN there are some people who use the money they recieve from being foster parents for their own drug money.

I agree that resources should first be put toward the children, but I think children will benefit whenever their birth parents are helped if they're willing to accept the help and be responsible for their actions.  I acknowledge that there are several hopeless cases out there where the parents rights should be terminated.

p.s. If I ever get to the warm state of Texas and need medical attention I hope it's in your city.  

Peanutsdad

Actually,

The traffic jams might slow ya up LOL.

I just cant help but think that getting the kids safe first, THEN focus on the parents is a better route. At least then the primary problem can be focused on,, and whether or not they can stay clean.

In this particular case, we have on one side, a effed up grandparent who likes kids too much, a dad who likes his booze and drugs too much, and on the other side, a mother who likes her drugs too much, has failed on staying clean before. Hence, I cant see anyone involved as a suitable parent figure, hell or even an acceptable parent figure. It sux for the kids.

Ireally wish them the best of luck,, with their parents,, they are going to need it.