Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 12:24:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Posting Pictures

Started by Edeltruda, Jan 11, 2004, 07:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edeltruda

I have a question for you guys and gals...

What do you think about BM having a picture posted on a singles website that also includes the child in the picture?  With a little searching, you can find that BM lives in an incredibly small town (thus chances of finding her and the child are very easy).  

We feel that it's totally inappropriate but want to know how it should be taken to the attention of the court and to BM to get it off.  Any advice is appreciated.

I cry_ in_the_dark

While I can't attempt to answer your question, this may help you some...

I was dating a gentleman whom I had been introduced to thru mutual friends. As he lived 50 miles away, we chatted on line obviously to keep phone bills down. My daughter had met this gentleman, and absolutely adored him.

I'm not sure how it occurred but the X learned that we chatted on line, and used this against me at our custody hearing. Of course, it was twisted to make it appear that I was meeting men "on line", which was totally false, but...it was NOT a good thing in the eyes of the court  x(

I can't imagine that having a picture posted in a singles ad would go over well at all!!!

sweetnsad

that posting pictures of your child online is a good idea...there are so many sick predators out there, why would she do such a thing?

I would definitely document it, and if possible, download this picture onto your own computer and print it to use in court, if necessary.  I think it shows poor judgement on the mother's part and a degree of irresponsibility.  I don't understand how parents can do this.

StPaulieGirl

That is a damn stupid thing to do, imo.  If she doesn't know that, she shouldn't have kids.  It's another thing to post pics in an otherwise safe enviroment, but a dating website????

MixedBag

and that would be my EX and his fake-wife.

At one time, I found their "family" home page along with all the pictures of their wedding, kids, you name it.

Then later when I shared the location of my son's pictures with some friends, I got told by my EX and fake-wife that I PUT our son in jeopardy.

I laugh -- she had created the web page with links to their e-mail which was "Unique last name@local web server.com".....hmmm...now if they felt comfortable putting it out there, who is really to blame?

I believe Soc once told someone that putting the kids' pictures out there, period, is NOT a good idea.

Our granddaughter's picture is on the hospital's home page, BUT you have to know her number to see her picture.....another angle.