Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 09:57:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

your thoughts

Started by Forthelittleones, Feb 03, 2004, 07:33:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forthelittleones

Okay Guys,

I need your help - For the last two months I have had the following symptons - light, if not scant periods, change of smell - I can now smell things so much clearer (used to have a HORRIBLE sense of smell), light headaches (not like my migraines) and I can never get enough sleep.  DH mentioned last night that I might be pregnant BUT I am scared to go and get the test.  I have no medical insurance and we really cant afford a little one at this time.

What are your thoughts?  What else could these symptoms be?

THANKS!!

Indigo Mom

I'm sorry I don't know this...but have you been pregnant before?  If so, are these "symptoms" the same?  Both my pregnancies were TOTALLY different, well, the only similar thing was my extreme sickness the entire time (i've never vomitted so much in my entire life...lol)....but I've heard other women say they've had the same "symptoms" each pregnancy.

I know you don't want to find out the results of a test...but that's the only way to clear your mind about this.  Go get one...today.  And then deal with the other issues.  

Oh, and stress.  Stress does weird, awful things to your body and mind...that "could" be another thing causing these symptoms.

janM

Most common symptoms:
Missed or light period
Breast tenderness
Nausea
(my sense of smell went haywire with my second - certain food items smelled rotten)
Increased sleepiness

Go get a test and put your mind at ease. If you are, having the test or not won't change things.

Let us know the results.

StPaulieGirl

Buy a store test.  I'm assuming that you're young enough to conceive?  It sounds like you and your DH could be receiving a blessing in 8 months!  Go to the drugstore today, and take that test!

Depending on which state you live in, you can get prenatal care for free or reduced cost.  Don't stress out about the finances right now.

After you take that test, you know you have to let us know!  Good luck, either way :-)

Forthelittleones

Thank you for all your kind words!  I am NOT pregnant.  THank goodnes!!

THanks again!!

janM

Thanks for the update!

I would keep an eye on your health, in case what you experienced was some other hormone imbalance or thyroid or something. Have you had a full physical lately?

Take care.

Forthelittleones

I had one in October right before I got laid off and ran out of my health insurance.  If my period is scant next month and the symptoms continue I will have to figure out how to get the $ to see a doctor.  

Thanks JanM!  I hear it was snowing up your way this weekend!