Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:05:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A bit of help needed.......

Started by Indigo Mom, Feb 13, 2004, 07:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nosonew

I think you are letting him get to you because of what monster did to you.  You are hell bent on NOT being anything like him, however, this is a totally different type of situation.  You need to let go, of your guilt (which is misplaced) because you have done everything you can and could do.  Hell, I wouldn't have done a 51/49 split with one of my kids when they were babies! You have bent over backwards for this guy, because you want him to be a father to lil miss.  It is not your responsibility to make him be a father, so let it go!  So take a deep breath, and repeat after me... "It is not my fault"  "It is not my fault"  "I can only control myself"...."I cannot control others".... good luck babe, this GAL is likely sick of his crap too, perhaps the suggestion earlier will work, tell him to sink or swim.

Brent

>What can a parent do to prevent the other parent from lying
>about what's "really" going on???

You can't stop him from lying, but you can refute his lies. In my experience the best and only way to refute lies is with documentation. Get the phone records, if possible, to indicate when he did and didn't call.

All you can do is live your life the best you can. That doesn't mean you can't correct any misperceptions that your child may be fed by your ex, but you can't prevent him from lying if that's what he wants to do.

>Is there ANY way to stop someone from dicking the other parent
>around?  I can't stand this crap anymore.

If you can prove that he didn't call, that'll put an end to that. Check with the phone company.

MYSONSDAD

I was told by the phone company, you can get details on all the calls you place, $3 a month. To get calls you recieved will require a sopena.
I know. spelling wrong, very late, very tired.

I like the cell phone idea! What more could they want.

"Children learn what they live"

MixedBag

It has a caller ID print out function.

So we subscribe to caller ID.

Then press function 9, and 3 and it prints a "Caller ID Report."

Even if the person doesn't leave a message, it will show there.  

Actually used that thought the other day when someone said "I called" and I said "Nope, you didn't and you didn't leave a message."  She said "Yes, I did" and I said "nope, because I can tell."

I'd put the shoe on the other foot and ask him to PROVE that he called.

MYSONSDAD

Slick idea!

When my ex would call and harrass me, I would keep the computer on line. I have AOL ALERT. Gave me a chance to print them out for proof.

"Children learn what they live"