Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 01:54:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

help needed in Canada for dad

Started by diziet, Feb 13, 2004, 08:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diziet

Hello!

Can anyone provide me with information that might be helpful in this situation (e.g., anyone in similar situation, know applicable things about the Canadian legal system)?

Here's the story. My sig. other has an elementary school-aged child. The child's mother has features of borderline personality disorder (not diagnosed) and is impossible to deal with. Her psych issues are causing her to invent things and get herself worked up about him doing things that he would never do (like abduct the child). They have a legal agreement which gives him pretty minimal rights at this time (but still too much for her). We are worried that her mental state is decompensating, but she probably won't do anything outright illegal, just make our lives miserable. We mainly want to make sure that the child isn't adversely affected, but we don't want to take her away from her mother (and there's no basis for this at this point). He consulted a lawyer who basically said, don't talk to her, follow the agreement and just go ahead and do what you're allowed to do (i.e. visitation, access to records).

She can't be reasoned with; it just makes her more upset. Any ideas/stories out there?

Thanks much!
diziet

joni

Dr Reena, who hosts that board, lives and works in Canada.  In addition to shrink advice, she can give you "the system" advice.

Good Luck