Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:39:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Update on GAL

Started by Forthelittleones, Feb 17, 2004, 04:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forthelittleones

Hey All,

Some of you may remember that DH went to court last week and BM was ordered to put up 50K for psycological testing fees.  

Well, guess what - BM called and says she is sorry that she has causes so much trouble and can't she just drop the case?  pretty please? with sugar on top?

Well, our attorney says no dice and the GAL says go ahead and try.  The GAL stated she will file a motion against dismissal since the allegations are serious and repeated and SHE wants to find out who is abusing the child.  If it is Dad, visitation goes bye bye.  If it is Mom due to her repeated allegations, then custody goes to Dad!

I feel so sorry for poor BM(opps, nope h*ll hasn't frozen over yet), but she can look on the bright side.  The Dr performing the tests stated that he will do all of us for 4K.  At least she gets to pay it 1/2 now and then the rest in payments OH and she still has to pay our traveling fees.

Thoughts?

BTW- what is a MMCI?  Anyone had to take it??  HELP

Indigo Mom

Ok, now wait just a cotton pickin minute.....!!!  The ex was ordered to come up with a 50k deposit for an evaluation....and you found a doctor that will do it for 4k?  Call me paranoid...but I'd be worried he wouldn't do a "thorough" job.  I've never had to go through an evaluation...(heck, if I did...i'd be in the loony bin) so I don't know "what" the doctor does or how much they typically cost. But when I see 50k being dropped to 4k, I wanna run away!

I don't like the GAL writing a motion against dismissal.  That's eerie.  She wants to know "who" is abusing the child?  Who says "anyone" is.  There's an abuse of the system...and that's the ex filing and refiling the same fricken charges!  Just because an accusation is made, doesn't mean a child is being abused.  But, anyway...wouldn't it be too kewl if dad became the CP???

I don't know about you, but man...there's nuthin' like listening to a pbfh grovelling.  How sweet it is!!!!  If you got it on tape, listen to it every night before you go to bed...I bet you'd have a great sleep!  lolol

-----BTW- what is a MMCI? -----

Isn't that Roman numerals?  Heck, I dunno....

Forthelittleones

It is the Dr who the Judge thought was 50K.  It might be more but that is what he told the GAL. His Charge is $250 an hour.

As for the GAL - she beleives it is abuse if the mother is using the legal system to keep the child away from Dad.  So, she believes in your view point! :)

Yeah, I think that Dad will get custody if mom is proven to be using the child and the courts to keep Dad away from parenting time.  This GAL seems to want to get to the bottom of it all.

Hopefully, things will go better and a Child will win!

MixedBag

JT

Hello, I beleive the typical price range for a Custody eval is between 2500-10000 dollars. Also, the test you may take is the MMPI, which is about 570 questions. The key is to be truthful with the evaluator. There is more info on the SPARC site in regards to the MMPI. Keep us updated with your testing, etc. As I have also had an evaluation ordered. Thanks, JT

Forthelittleones

We have to take that one to but we will also take the MMCI - The only thing I could find on it was that it stands for.

Indigo Mom

I did an internet search on MMCI...found this.  

-----MMCI-III Million Clinical Multi-axal Inventory
For use in identifying underlying personality characteristics.-----

And that's ALL I found.  However...I looked in this hugamongus book of mine, and it talks about something similar...MCMI-II...this is the Millon Clinical Multiaxial Inventory-II.  Notice, there's an "I" missing on this one.  One is "millIon", one is "millon".  So, I've added this from my book and a few websites about the "I" less one.  Could you find out from the doctor if you are taking the 'MCMI-II' one???  The one without the "I"?  I'm putting in this information anyway cause my crazy ass typed it all out in wordpad...and before you ask?  NO...I don't understand a DAMNED thing!  lol

I have this book...it's called The Effects of Child Abuse and Neglect.  It's filled with "issues and research", edited by Raymond H. Starr, Jr. and Davil A. Wolfe.  (copyright 1991)

It has a teeny bit about this Millon Clinical Multiaxial Inventory.  The other one, is the MMPI-2...so I'm just gonna type out what they say.

*****Properly developed nomothetic measures have been subjected to psychometric evaluations and tend to meet scaling assumptions that allow for traditional statistical analysis.  Well known Questionnarie measures like the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2 (MMPI-2, Hathaway & McKinley, 1989) and the Millon Clinical Multiaxial Inventory-II (MCMI-II, Millon, 1987) have been developed to obtain nomothetic data.  In contrast, the idiographic view assumes that each individual has unique personality characteristics that the universal personality factors do not exist or if they do exist they fail to adequately describe the individual personality (Nunnally, 1970).  Thus, idiographic measures focus on unique characteristics of the individual.  These measures often are not subjected to traditional psychometric evaluations and frequently do not yield data that are appropriate for group analyses.  Projective tests, such as the Rorschach (Rorschach, 1943) and the Thematic Apperception Test (Morgan & Murray, 1935: Murray, 1943), are used to obtain idiographic data.  

Although idiographic data are usually difficult to analyze on a group basis, Kline (1979) suggests that a content analysis of idiographic data can be used to convert the individualized personality data to a nomothetic form.  This involves evaluating the idiographic data for the presence or absense of a selected personality characteristic, resulting in a dichotomous score (e.g., 0 if not present and 1 if present) for the characteristic for each subject.  Of course, the criteria for determinnig the presence or absence of the personality characteristic should be available prior to the analysis of the idiographic data.  In addition, several raters should be used to determine interrater reliability.*****

Now...WTF this all means is SO FAR BEYOND ME.  But, this book was written in 1991, so in the first paragraph, they called the test the MCMI-II.  However, when looking at a forensic psychology site, the "letters" have been changed to what you said, MMCI, but the actual name, Millon Clinical Multiaxial Inventory-II is the same.  

Because I originally did my search with the word MILLION, I found next to nothing...but I searched the word MILLON (without the I because this book doesn't have an "I") I came up with a shitload of info.  Wish I would have searched before typing all that above crap out...lol

http://www.pearsonassessments.com/tests/mcmi_2.htm

http://cps.nova.edu/~cpphelp/MCMI-2.html

I could go on and on and on...but can't figure any of this psychological crap out.  

gmaoftwo

Seems to me I read a long time ago that the Millon test results were not very accurate....maybe too much leeway for interpretation??  Don't remember if I read that on this site or not, but you might want to check it out.

hwy2001

MMCI?

Or rather: MMPI?

cu

hwy2001

Forthelittleones

It is interesting in Feb 2004, BM dropped the case.  DH then filed for it to be heard as he felt mom was using the system against him.  Finally in July 2005, we took the tests and interviews.  We are currently waiting for the report - should be any day now.

Wow - time really flies!