Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:35:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Terminating Alimony

Started by cocoa, Mar 01, 2004, 02:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cocoa

Hi All,
I've been divorced now for 1 year, separated for 3 years. How do I revisit the alimony and other divorce stipulations? I had a real loser attorney and I agreed and wanted to at the time, to support my ex wife. The problem is, there is no ending date for terminating spousal support! Since the divorce, things have changed. First of all, is my health. I have multiple sclerosis, and while I did have it one year ago, it is worse now. I have only my disability income to support me. Also, my ex is supposed to get more money when the youngest (who is 20 years old) is finished with college. He is currently not in college, just taking 1 or 2 courses, non-matriculated. Oh, and one more thing to complicate matters. I am now living in Rhode Island and my ex is living in Maine. Where would we even go to court if we were divorced in MA?
Thanks for any help!
Fran

wendl

I would go back to court due to change in circumstance, your now on disability and try to get cs reduced and alimony stopped, also maybe even stop cs since your child is 20 or if it doesnt stop request that in order for cs to be paid he goes to college FULL TIME.

You will probably have to go to court in the orginals orders were filed.