Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 03:38:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Police: Mom tied up child

Started by Brent, Mar 09, 2004, 09:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MYSONSDAD

It took alot for the Granny to turn her in. Wish there were more people like her out there. She saved the lives of those kids.

"Children learn what they live"

Peanutsdad

Its been shown that babies born addicted to crack,, have more emotional problems, do poorer in school and in general have a more difficult time adjusting.

There are exceptions,, but,, unfortunately, I dont get to see those.

sweetnsad

I don't envy your job PD, but I admire your strength to do it everyday...children are lucky if they are in your care...even the ones that don't have much hope....it brings me to tears to think that their OWN mothers put them in such agony.  Why does this happen???

Peanutsdad

LOL,

Sweet, I mention this in another thread,, its lack of personal responsibility or accountability.

Actually, as far as my job,, I think different people are suited for different things. I admire the stregth it takes to wrk a 9-5 job, I couldnt hack it.

Crack cocaine has been shown to be the most addictive substance known to man. A user can be hooked within just a few doses. Heroin pales in comparison to crack for addictive qualities.

Indigo Mom

-----Crack cocaine has been shown to be the most addictive substance known to man. -----

Absolutely!  When monster was sentenced to 120 days in jail, he ended up doing 42.  I assumed he would be "clean and sober"...NOT.  The first trip he made once released from jail was his crack dealer.  

I can't believe it...42 clean days and he went right back.  You aren't kidding when you say it's the most addictive.

ps.  did you get an email from me today?  My computer is messing up and I ended up hitting send 3 times, but nothing shows up in my sent file.

Peanutsdad

Nope Indi,, no mail,, try it again.

Kitty C.

When DS was in 6th grade, I accompanied his class on their annual fun field trip and talked extensively with one of his teachers, whom I've admired for MANY years (she also was his guidance counselor in elem.).  I told her that I could never do what she does, and she told me she could say the same for me!  I was astounded!  Even one of the IS computer geeks who supports our dept. has told me the same thing.

So the more I thought about it, I came to the same conclusion, PD.  there are those who lovingly attend our senior citizens and severely handicapped every day, all day.  But I learned a long time ago that's something I could never do.  My main thing is tiny babies and EMS, and knowing that there are those who cannot makes me realize just how vital that is.

We all have our own special talents.  It took me over 30 years to realize mine!  But they are all there within us. That's why we're all different and why God put us on this earth together.  Because of those unique, special talents, we NEED each other!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......