Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 07:32:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Another Engagement!!!!

Started by MixedBag, Mar 20, 2004, 04:20:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MixedBag

Yep, MD got engaged last night at dinner and she was sooooo excited....

We have 3 girls one year apart from each other who have all had steady boyfriends from about the same time...

OSD got married in July and had our first grandchild in January.

OD got married just this month.

And now MSD got engaged....I know she's been "bugging" him and he's been WANTING to make it official, but with the hoopla surrounding the other two sisters, he kept putting it off.

Then on Tuesday, he called DAD and asked if they could do lunch on Thursday. DAD said fine. (And I wish you could hear this father talk for those two days out of ear shot of MSD of course....Wore an Auburn shirt KNOWING her boyfriend is an Alabama fan (two rivals!)....wore his police officer's badge and gun -- we're talking a Dad who was really hamming it up to be the "Big Bad Future Father-In-Law -- are you sure you want to ask me?")

We kept it a secret Thursday evening -- easy because she was at work and then at college and then we were in bed (on purpose!) On friday she left early for work....so that helped.

She called sooooo happppyyy....and woke me up last night to show me the ring....it's beautiful.

Wedding date? Hopefully, she will stick to after college graduation which is at least 2 years down the road....and by then he should be finished or close to finishing too.

One more girl to go and since she's only 16 -- SHE CAN WAIT!
I know whom she has her sights set on and I pray that her heart isn't broken down the road.....time will tell.

Then the two boys waaaaay after that.

StPaulieGirl

Congratulations!   Weddings are so beautiful :-)

lucky

Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers

gmaoftwo

Well Congratulations to MD, Mixed!!!!!  Sounds like your family has been very busy lately.

I needed to hear some happy news today.

bananas

Wooooooohoooooooooo!  Congratulations!!