Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 11:17:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

For the life of me....

Started by richiejay, Mar 16, 2004, 06:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richiejay

....I just can't understand what she's thinking.  My boy is in the school play tomorrow (he has the lead).  However, if school gets cancelled because of snow the play will be Thursday instead of Wednesday.  Well, PBFH claims that if it is Thursday she can't make it because she is going away with new boyfriend. (Weekend trip within state).  Now boy is all sad about possibility of school getting cancelled.  Over the years there have been a total of 15 plays/assemblies/science fairs....and mom (lives 90 miles away by her choice)has shown up for how many? TWO...sometimes I'd just like to say to him "Mom has more important things to do with her life than to see you sing three solos and star in this musical".  I'm always left to pick up the pieces of her selfishness and guilt trips....sorry just had to vent.

MYSONSDAD

Bottom line...you are there

Actions speak loader then words. As he gets older, he will realize, the parent he can always count on.

As for her, she will someday regret all the times missed. And you can not turn back the clock.

Maybe after the play, you could suggest taking some of his friends out for pizza. Might help him get his mind off things.

Mellybug

Why can't we just fastforward until the day when the DO realize that they are not a priority in their Mommy's life and that WE have been the constant and stable ones there all along?

OF course, we just want to watch it on TV, because then we'd miss out on so many wonderful plays and musicals and sports games that we cherish so dearly (and their Mommies or Daddies see only as an inconvenience).

Sorry - bitter tonight.

Mellybug

msme

all the broken promises & other garbage. We teach the children that everything we do is based in choices. We can make good choices or poor choices. What ever, we chose, we also reap the consequences of those choices.

We also tell the children that we cannot make other people make good choices, even though we sometimes feel the consequences of their poor choices. All we can do is to pray for them & hope they start to make better choices.

Good luck & God bless.

You never get a second chance to make a first impression!