Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 01:43:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

P;ease help us

Started by littlebit2, Apr 02, 2004, 07:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebit2

My husband has a 5 year old. She has only been in our life for 2 years now. (Not by his choice.) We have been married for 11 years. We were seperated when they were together. At the time of meeting, the mother lived in another state. She went throught the state to find him knowing where he was all along. We went to court and child support was granted. We have gotten her and the kids to move here. She is a single mom of three only one is his. We have 2 ourselves. We were very supportive of anything that she did and we would watch her children when she needed us to. She had no problem letting us see the child. We had her most of the time.Then she got in a relationship with a man who is 20 something years older than she is. He was married and going through a divorce and has a teenage son. All of a sudden she is making demands on when he can have her and Im not allowed to watch her when he isn't home. (We used to be close She had no problem with me befor) My husband agreed with that so this man wouldn't watch her. He wanted to get set visitation (it wasnt set by court) so he made up some and they had it noterized. Her and the guy broke up and she was back to her normal self. Now she is back with him so to speak. SHe won't tell us for sure but she keeps on lying about it. My husband is concerned that with him coming in and out of the kids live what good is that. Not to mention that when she is around him (the other guy) she doesnt give the children the attention that they need. She said herself. If we ask the child herself if she had a good time with mommy she says that they didn't do anything. I feel and my husband feel that she isn't getting the attention she needs with or without the other guy around. The child always wants to come over and stay with us. My husband was laid off and the child supprort was coming out of his check. He called to see what to do and they said that there was no case. SHe never filled the fiancial papers out and I guess they dropped the case. He now has another job but it is paying less. He was told by the other state that in order for the case to be transfered she had to call. Remember, suposedly there is no case. She has a number to call but hasn't done it yet. He is still going to make a payment to her by money order. They are argueing all the time. I keep telling him that he needs to get a lawyer and get it strait. We can't afford one. I really think he has a good chance of getting joint custody. He already told her that he would not take her away. We are scared that she is going to move back to where she lived befor. We don't want that. We have fought too hard for that child to be near her father and I don't want them to lose that. Please help