Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 05:22:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Moderator Requested

Started by crashcrafty, Apr 24, 2004, 12:53:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crashcrafty

I've got 5 children ages 2, 6, 7, 8 and 16.  Im not the father of the 16 year old girl.  We are not married but have been together for 10 years. The 16 year old quit going to school sleeps all day, takes off for days at a time and is mean to the other children.  My (wife) wont discipline her and she wont let me.

Recently we took the kids to Knottsberry farm and the oldest took off the day we were to leave, so she wouldnt have to go.  My (wife) finally tracked her down and told her to stay at a friends until we got back and under no circumstances to go to our house. (At least thats what she told me)

We left on thursday and were to come back on sunday, however we came back late saturday instead.  The 16 year old had broken in the house (she litteraly broke the garage door) and there were about 6 boys and 5 girls here.  All approx. the same age and they were drinking alcohol and some were having sex in my little kids room as well as our room.

I chased them all out, including our 16 year old and my (wife) swore this time she would not get away with this.  When it was all said and done there was approx.  $120 in change stolen and about 15 cds.  She is a terrible influence on the other kids and it is already showing.

I go to work at 5am, my children have to be at school at 8:30. We live less than 1/4 mile from their school.  I have recently found out that they have missed about 20 days of school and the days they are there, they are late.  What is worse, the police officer assigned to the school questioned my (wife) about it and so she wouldnt get in trouble she told him that it was my fault.  That I didnt even live here with them, but that I had been coming over late at night causing problems so the kids didnt get to bed till late and couldnt go to school.

I informed the principle and the officer at the school that this was a total fabricated story in order to keep my (wife) from getting in trouble.  They didnt belive a word I said and just kind of shined me on.  In fact the day I went in there to talk to them I was getting my 8 year old out a little early and they would not even let me take her until they verified that it was ok with my (wife).

This is only one example of many and I dont know what to do.  I can't get the kids up when I leave at 4:30, even if I did if their mom didnt wake up they still couldnt go.  If I quit my job to make sure they go to school we wont have a place to live.  I love my (wife) but she cant seem to get it together.  But by allowing this to continue, I am just as guilty as my ( wife)

Brent

I'm not sure how I can help, as I didn't see a specific question you wanted answered, but the first thing I would tell you is get an attorney as soon as possible. Here are a couple of articles that nay help:

Hiring An Effective Attorney
http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/effective.htm

How To Hire An Attorney
http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/hiring.htm