Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 10:16:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

False warrant for violating a TRO

Started by raywagg, Apr 25, 2004, 04:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raywagg

How do I deal with False claims of violating a TRO?  I have a warrant with the city that I have to turn my self in for. I live in a different state and did not in any way violate any order. Why do I have to sit in jail for three days while they investigate me and pay a bond of $1000.00? Oh yeah by the way I have to prove my where abouts with out knowing I had to show that I didn't violate anything and cant find out when where & how I voilated the TRO until I turn my self in. Luckily I found out before the court date so I wouldn't have to be arrested in front of the court and my family.

ex-stepfather

Sorry but what is a TRO?

I don't know any thing about the law but I really feel for you for having to sit in jail at all when you are innocent.

I am really sorry you are going through this and good luck getting some answers.

My wife and I moved across the country because of 3 false claims made about us. The second claim made against me was 3 months after I had even seen my step daughter- and it was made anonymously to children and youth protective services- All three claims were labeled, "unfounded" and we moved away- far away.

We are thinking of moving to Canada next if the harassments stop- then, it is questionable if my wife will have to pay any more child support at all, legally if we are living in an other country.

My wife received $180.00 a month in child support, then dad stopped paying to my wife- and he was threatened to be thrown back in jail- suddenly, the sheriff was looking for ME for "child abuse"- we now pay $600.00 a month and do not have any contact with sociopath, narcissitic child and seven time convicted criminal father.

Good luck to you, my friend and let us know how you do with this.

raywagg

ex-stepfather

>Temporary Restraining Order

Oh, that is what I thought... Yeah. I had a temporary restraining order suddenly thrown in my face by the local police also. Came completely out of the blue. Was the most depressing day of my entire life- I am still not over it.

My wife and I were good parents to my step- she is a sick child to have done this to us 3 times- 3 accusations of child abuse. It is discusting that a convicted criminal can brainwash a child to make claims like this. Yes, kids do lie. This web site has a lot of articles on PAS children- a term the police, judges, lawyers I delt with are not even familiar with.

It makes me sick that this can happen.

I am a good person and I have never harmed a child- nor would I- yet I was issued a "TRO" as you call it- in the state I was in, they called it PFA or "Protection from abuse"- what ever- it is bull $hit.

Do they claim to have proof of your abuse?

My step's proof was a tiny dime sized bruise on her ankle- and also that her mother and I forced her to wear long pants and shirts until the bruising from metal hangers went away. What ever... The kid made her choice to say these things about us. Each time it was labled "unfounded" but it was very painful.

I am never going near my wife's child again. We live on the oppisite side of the country now.

Like I have said, my wife stands by me 100% and let her kid go live with her real father to protect us from more outrageous claims.

Let us know how you are doing.