Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:03:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Custody issues

Started by Sayluv, Apr 26, 2004, 08:31:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sayluv

My court date for custody/support is coming up soon, I'm looking to see if anyone can tell me the specific general issues that will be covered at my hearing. I want to try to be in  agreement with my sons father on most of the issues beforehand, just not sure what will be brought up. Any help is appreciated.

wendl

usually both parents have submitted a parenting plan, if you and your ex can get along and come up with an agreement prior to the hearing that would help out. It all depends on what you two are willing to do to in order to put your emotions aside and do what is best for your child (to have two active parents)

as for support that usually cut and dry most states base it on a % of your incomes.

Sayluv

hmmmm.... neither of us have completed a parenting plan. Is that something we do on our own or is that somehting the court gives us to fill out?

Peanutsdad

Heres a sample parenting plan.

http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/pplan3.htm

kiddosmom

Usually one starts it, sends it to the other to agree/ disagree change what they feel they want, send it back to other parent yadda yadda, only works if both sides are willing.

Sayluv

Thanks alot. The form is very helpful.;-)

wendl

In many states you can download the parenting plan online and fill in what you want, remember holidays bdays spring break etc. Include everything in the order and specify everything.

Sayluv

My PP may have to be altered due to the fact me and my sons father live in different states, so things like every other weekend, etc... really arent possible but it still gives me a good guideline.