Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:46:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

singlemomz website

Started by tryingtohelp, May 06, 2004, 03:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MYSONSDAD

I also find it interesting their need to come here to copy articles, change the wording for their use, but they have copy rights at their site. That should say it all.

I found they were pretty quick on giving advice on how to daddy away from the kids.

Also got a tickle looking at their pictures....

nosonew

Yep, that's pretty silly isn't it?  pm me your name on there, I will do the same!

katz

I also go to //www.steptogether.org  I love that site, for the step mother in me... It even has a crossfire section for those heated debates, so the whole board doesnt get bungled up...

Peanutsdad

CF,

I dont judge the whole for the actions of a few.  As you know, I have been back in sparc chat,, and I place certian folks on ignore.

What I would ask,, why does anyone here feel the need to go to another website for the express purpose of bashing that site here?

I have gotten to know many of the people on other sites,, and how about this: they are concerned for the welfare of their child/ren.  Go figure. I dont respond to ANYONE on ANY site who has the express purpose of denying a child their parent. I DO however respond to many parents who are attempting to ensure their childrens safety. Here and on other sites.

I see posts here every day that advocate restricted access to abusers. Why would anyone here criticize others for advocating the same? What? Just because in any particular case it happens to be a father? Come on,, dont hand me hypocritical views. ( this isnt for you CF, this is for the other posters here who feel the need to criticize based on gender).

I would think there is more than enough to do simply trying to help kids, rather than spending time with moronic site bashing.

sweetnsad

I have to agree with you 100% PD on this one....I took the liberty of visiting Singlemomz....I see nothing wrong with what they are doing....they are simply there for those that need it (mostly single mothers, but also, single fathers)....they are tough with their boards, but I feel that can be necessary seeing as they don't want alot of bashing and fighting among the posters.  There isn't any need of it when you think that there are so many people that genuinely need advice and help....it doesn't matter where they are trying to get it from.  

Now don't get me wrong...there are PLENTY of people out there that get a great kick out of causing a ruckus and being generally abusive (depending on their situation and the severity of it)....but, not everyone is like this.  I don't like to see "bashing" among site members....it demeans the reasons why we are here in the first place.

catholicmom

I thought I'd jump in here and opine... :)

I found this site by doing a search for "fathers' rights" + "child support" + forum. I was, frankly, looking for a website where I could learn how the "enemy" thinks, as I am possibly about to wrangle with a hostile ex who may be antagonistic and difficult, etc.

Well, I found that this site isn't about "the enemy" at all - you're basically a bunch of concerned and loving parents! I do think there are some misogynists here, and they're not that hard to spot. However, there's a lot more than just a bunch of whiners who are angry at having to pay child support. I think I may actually get good, useful information and support - rather than just more gender-biased nonsense.

And, the few misogynists/whiners are good, too, because they give me fair warning of what to expect if things get ugly!

xoxoKaty

Kitty C.

Only a woman can truly know how another woman might think.  I've been on this site for 6-7 years, almost since inception, and the one thing I found out very quickly is how much I despise many of my own gender.  This site was created because many GOOD fathers were being denyed access and rights to their children.  Many of the horror stories here will curl your toes.  And give you a new perspective on just how nasty and ugly many mothers can be.  I am not a misogynist, but rather go with the premise that there are good and bad people in every aspect of society.  Unfortunately, women take the lion's share when it comes to child custody and support, and for too many years, the courts have supported that.  We're here for the children, to give them back BOVH parents.

My 15 y.o. son lost his father 2 years ago to cancer.  Before that, he would spend ALL of every summer with his dad and EO Christmas.  We were 1800 miles apart.  Now he is struggling hard with many issues and if you point back, it's obvious that the majority of the problems stem from NOT having a consistent, positive male role model in his life.  I now have him in therapy, have him on a waiting list for Big Brothers/Big Sisters, and hope to send him to a wilderness therapy camp next summer.  My son could be a poster boy of how important a father is in a child's life.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

wendl

and if you post your opinion you will more than likely be banned, I know I was, I am a cp as well as a stepmom to a ncp man. I raised my son alone for 8yrs until I met my dh.

Some are really nice others aren't.

I would rather be here were it is focused on both parents being involved, sometimes it may seem different, but many here are being denied there children etc.