Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 01:51:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Chils support & visitation

Started by superwoman561, May 26, 2004, 05:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superwoman561

My husband and I just split up and I was just wondering, if he is only bringing home $150 a week due to his previous wife getting $270 in child support, will my child support be below the guidlelines? I did a DPA at the court house and it came up with a negative number and I'm so confused. Some have said his first wife will have her child support re-determined to figure in mine?
and also, I was wondering a fair visitation schedule for an 18 month child. I don't want to keep him from her, but he doesn't have a car and lives with his mother now, and it's not fair to me having to drive her 20 miles back and forth every visit.

hisliltulip

What state are you in?

Is the $150 a week gross or net?

Does his Mom have a car that he could borrow?  You could drive one way, with him driving the other.

superwoman561

She has a car, but he doesn't have a license.

We are in Florida and $150 is his bring home after taxes :(

hisliltulip

Ok, I found Florida's Worksheet, but all it did was confuse the heck out of me.  So if anyone from Florida can come help, it would be appreciated.

In MN, income of $500+/month comes across our sheets, so we haven't run into this problem here.  But our worksheet also makes a heck of a lot more sense than yours!

On the driving back and forth, see if your ex's Mom will help with the driving.  

If not, you'll probably just have to deal with a 20 minute drive.

In all actuallity, 20 minutes isn't the end of the moon.  I drive 120 miles (each way) for ex to see our son, my DH drives 65 miles each way to see his oldest.

As you seem to still be on speaking terms with your ex, see what kind of arrangements he can make, if he can't figure out anything yet, make the drive yourself.

Fobbed-Fodder

If you really want to be fair to your "Child" and your "husband" then consider a schedule such as this, it equates to 50/50 split time with frequent reoccurring visits which is what a child thrives upon, "Both Parents actively involved" I know this because my son is now 23 months old and he has been on one very similar to this since 10 months.  Good luck!

SCHEDULE FOR CHILDREN UNDER SCHOOL AGE

[x]   Prior to enrollment in school, the child shall reside
                          equally with the [x] mother and [x] father, the
                          following days and times the child will reside with or
                          be with the father:

Friday at 4:00 pm to Monday at 9:00 am

the 2nd, 3rd, 4th weekends of the month.

Wednesday at 4:00 pm to Thursday at 9:00 am

every week

Monday at 4:00 pm to Thursday at 9:00 am

following the 1st and 5th  weekends of the month.