Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 03:46:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Custodial Parent Hall of Shame Website

Started by mudbunnies, May 31, 2004, 01:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudbunnies

Yes, i read the emails and just couldn't help myself, so i went out and made the website...

so pass the word, send your emails with details and pictures if you like and i will eventually get them posted on this site

Guys, just bare with me if in the first few weeks i get overloaded and doint get everything up instantly.

Yes, i thought we finally needed a site for all the NCP's and Dad's out there to vent about denied visits, etc....

so here's the site....

http://parenthallofshame.tripod.com/ncp.com

littlebit

Great job!  I like it!  Lord knows we all need a place for venting at times.  And it seems quite fitting to display the other side of the story for a  change.

My only concern is the legal ramifications of posting info on the site.  So many of us are going through court issues and doing our best to walk the high road no matter what.  

Personally, I would LOVE to submit my info right now!  But I am a bit concerned about having to explain it in front of the judge.  Can anyone give some insight on the legalities of 'shaming' the NCP?

LittleBit's Dad

speciallady

Oh, there's no doubt that the temptation to expose our BPFH for what she is, is tempting, but.....
would it really do any good? If you're dealing with kids that have been PAS'ed for years (as in husbands case) and no matter what she has done, there's always some lie to cover it up......I would think, should the children be made aware of the site, more lies will be told and the NCP will look like the bad person no matter what.
Thinking of the children, too....what would this do to them should the site be found by them (the internet is a big, open space)? Seeing their lives made public?
Of course there are situations where the children are hidden-that might be more of a way to go.......
The internet is playing a bigger role in court these days, too....I'd be very careful, as the other poster stated, about this with impending court actions...
JMO

Peanutsdad

Im not sure on the legalities either. if a cp hasnt been convicted of contempt,,, I'm not so sure about posting.

StPaulieGirl

Watch out for content.  Reserve the right to edit content in order to keep from being sued.  

If you can come up with some strict ground rules about information posted, I think you'll be ok.

Good idea, btw.  Boy I could tell some stories about my ex sister in law, and a couple of her kids.  Talk about mothers from hell...

mudbunnies

first off there are no less than three (3) i think disclaimers through out the site that reference everything posted is the "opinion" of the posting party and our attorney told us that as long as we state that what we are saying is our opinion we could not be sued for libel or slander.

additionally, no i dont want to traumatize my kids either... so who says the entire story i post will be about the other side..

if i post a picture of my kids telling them that i love them, that i have tried everything to see, phone, contact and spend time with them however, for some reason, i have been prevented. who am i disgracing? who am i accusing?

i think of my now teenage daughter who suffered due to a CP's mentality and she is now in my custody and we have very open communication, and she admits that she knew i was tyring to call and the cp would not allow her to talk and it stuck with her all these years.. made every nite crying worth it..

and when she looks up my story on that site, she will know i loved her then, i love her now and i would do anything for her..

so who says i have to 'bash' the cp to get my point across....

i can post on the documentation the Dr has provided, the Investigator has provided and the cp's own written words....

and i dont see a bit of libel or slander in reproducing those "public" documents.

Peanutsdad

mudbunnies,

Dont get yer back up. I wasnt refering to YOUR legalities,, only for the potential other posters. If there is NO documentaion, where do they stand on accusing the cp in their case of contempt on an open website?

Personally, I think it's a great idea.

skye

I just wanted to share this.. it is a good friend of mine who lives in same county and has same judge as dh in JD&R .. now he was at first worried about doing this .. the judge yelled at him a few times but noone could touch him and now that he has custody.. he still posts about what is happening, the story will sound like many others here but I honestly believe it took something like this site for the judge to see the whole story.

http://www.puterdocs.com/sspage/