Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 12:29:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Question on tubal ligation?

Started by DK, Jul 09, 2004, 12:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DK

How do you make your belly button stop hurting?  The abs and area around it just feel like I did too many sit ups.  Had procedure Wednesday and scheduled to back to work Monday.  How did you handle wearing pants or pany hose?

Kitty C.

If your doctor didn't mention what you can expect during recovery, or this was not something he mentioned, then call him and tell his what your symptoms are.  If you have concerns,you need to talk to your practitioner.  I could give you a few possible reasons why, but I'd be just guessing.  Only your doctor would know for sure and there's a possibilty that he may want to examine you, too.

It's okay to ask how others have handled procedures, but everyone deals with things differently and what works or doesn't work for one doesn't necessarily mean it will be the opposite for the next person.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Peanutsdad

Kitty is right. Anything involving a surgical procedure really must be followed up by your doc.

tulip

How long did your doc say it would take to heal? I've had abdominal surgeries 4 times, and each time it took longer to feel better. I wouldn't have even thought of wearing pantyhose or tight waisted pants until at least a few weeks after.

DK

I originally asked my questions just for general feedback.  I had talked to my doctor and was doing exactly as he suggested.  Thanks for your responses.  I am doing well now.  I think my c-section was easier on me.  I wore pants to work all week, but did not button them, and wore my shirt out.  Looked a little sloppy, but I was comforatable.  I work at a hospital so a nurse gave me paper tape.  That helped a lot.  Taking the band aid off hurt more than the incision sometimes.  The best is my tummy isn't blown up like a ballon.  LOL.