Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 05:53:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Have to be honest, I have a problem with this board...

Started by jilly, Aug 05, 2004, 06:57:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent

>It was insulting to me, too.

Each to their own. I don't see what was insulting about his comment.

>He has done nothing toward contributing one drop of
>information, but stirred up a lot of bad feelings.

He's welcome to his somewhat unpopular opinions, just as anyone else here is. I don't see what he's done that's been "out of bounds", so to speak.  He raised a valid, if debatable point, and he's been civil as far as I see.

>
>BTW, there were enough NCP Mom's to start this board and find
>a need for it, so if SPARC sees this, certainly his comments
>about the board are an attempt to downplay the importance of
>women in the same sitch having a place to go and discuss it.

He's welcome to try and downplay whatever he wants. You've been here long enough to know that things don't work that way around here. He's welcome to disagree but I seriously doubt that it's going to change anything.

If this board has a purpose (and I think it does) then it doesn't matter what a particular poster thinks. As far as I know the board is staying, it will not be renamed, and that's that. If things go too far off track either myself or another moderator will come along and clean up, but so far this is a legitimate if somewhat spirited :) discussion.

olanna

Whatever, Brent...I'm not responding to him anymore. He's a trouble maker.  

stk_agn

I have been keeping up with the posts here, and it looks like all Gr8 was trying to do, is see if he could get everyone worked up.

Guess what, I think he did just that.

My suggestion is that everybody ignore him (because he obviously doesn't have his priorities in line) and try to deal with more important things, such as how we can get our children back or help our spouses get theirs back.  After all, isn't it all really about what is best for our kids?

olanna

I need a place for support and advice. I have no plans to be his entertainment any longer.

Note some of the questions I have posed...if you have any advice or new ideas I would love for you to share it.

TIA,

Olanna

janM

"We don't have a "Dads without Custody" board, do we?" after which Gr8 made his comment. I believe it meant that we don't have room for the names of all the ncp dads.

gr8Dad

Jan ENDED her post with, "We don't have a "Dads without Custody" board, do we?"

To which I responded, "There isn't a server in the world that would hold that many names."

Seems quite plain to me.  If I had been commenting on "Mother's Issues", I would have said, "There isn't a server big enough to hold that many ISSUES..."  But I didn't say that, nor do I FEEL that.

Me thinks you were LOOKING for a problem, and as we all know, if you look for the negative, you are bound to find it.

Troubledmom

Something to consider here at Sparc...
If this board were called "Mother's Issues" those mothers with custody, those step mothers with custody and step mothers who's spouses do not have custody would all post on the "Mothers Issue" board because they all identify themselves as "Mothers".
The differentiation was a good thing to keep this board to mostly those mothers who are NCP's rather than a hodge podge of posters who identify themselves with "Mothers Issues".
Just my opinion and I may be wrong but it seemed like a logical choice in the forums name given the variety of folks who do post here.

TM

Kitty C.

On the Father's Board, there are both CP and NCP fathers who post and respond to it.  That particular board has never differentiated between CP and NCP on that board, as has the entire rest of the site, so I just don't see why it must be done here.........

JMO.........
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

richiejay

>If this board were called "Mother's Issues" those mothers with
>custody, those step mothers with custody and step mothers
>who's spouses do not have custody would all post on the
>"Mothers Issue" board because they all identify themselves as
>"Mothers".

So, are you implying that women should not post on the "fathers issues
" board simply because they are not fathers?

olanna

I am damn glad to have this board to come to...I just got word, thanks to a post on this board, that I may be chosen for the Dr. Phil show to help resolve a custody battle and allow me access to my son.

This board rocks..and it the info here helps one child find a reasonable way back to both parents, why complain about it's name?