Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 09:53:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Back to square one...........

Started by Kitty C., Sep 08, 2004, 08:32:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty C.

I first want to say thank you to all of you who have been thinking about me regarding my job situation.  You have NO idea how comforting it is to know that others are behind you and supporting you!

That being said, I got notified last Thurs. that I did not get the position I had interviewed for.  I am just sure it was given to someone who had actual dispatch experience from a surrounding county.  Which is why, when my friend takes office in Jan. as the new sheriff (IMO, the election is just a formality, LOL!), I plan to work PT dispatch with him to GET the experience I need!

In the meantime, there's a position open in my current classification that does sound good so far....unfortunately I only have until the end of today to apply for it.  But because it is in my classification, only my seniority will be a factor in whether I get it or not...I won't have to formally interview.  It is in a location that has a very low turn-over rate and there will be a lot of public contact.  I haven't had a chance to talk to DH about it yet, but since I supposedly only have until the end of this month to find a new job, I can't afford to be picky anymore.

Again I want to thank everyone for their well wishes.....knowing your support is there has been a great source of comfort to me!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

joni

sounds like, albeit slowly, things are falling into place for you Kitty.   short term sacrifices are worth long term goals.  your integrity will always pay off for you.

good luck

MYSONSDAD

When a door closes, a window opens...

There is something better ahead, just let us know when it happens!

"Children learn what they live"

StPaulieGirl

That's a tough break.  It sounds like you have a plan, though.  Good luck Kitty!