Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 10:55:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Prayers needed:

Started by Stepmom0418, Sep 28, 2004, 05:25:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stepmom0418

My father in law is having a pace maker put in at 11 am.

He has had 4 major heartattaches already so there is alot of damage to his heart. We pray that there are no complications but the doctors have said that it is possiable because of the damage he already has.

Please pray for FIL and for a full recovery afterwards!! Also for all of the rest of the family as well to be strong.

Thank you all and I will update as soon as we know something!

Kitty C.

He sounds like a very strong man and a loving one as well.  And having ALL his grandchildren with him this past weekend will give him the incentive to stay strong throughout this!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Stepmom0418

Thanks Kitty!

You are right dad is strong and this past weekend getting to see everyone should help him be even stronger!!

Havent heard anything yet so I am sitting here on pins and needles and trying to keep myself busy.

Will let you know as soon as we hear!!

Thanks for the prayers and kind words Kitty!!

StPaulieGirl

I hope he's doing okay, since this was posted hours ago.  I'll pray for his full recovery.  Hang in there!

wendl

Prayers to you and family Step.
I know how difficult this can be, my setpdad had a quad bi-pass 9yrs ago and just this year bladder cancer and they removed his bladder, he had his ups and downs and is doing ok now, But it is stills scary.

HUGS to you and family

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

Stepmom0418

Stepmom0418

Thanks for the prayers!

Stepmom0418

Father in Law made it through the surgery. He was doing great at 7pm last night when we went up to check on him.

My brother in law called at 5:45pm wanting to know if we had heard anything yet. When I told him no he was all upset because no one called him or his brother to let them know. The boys come from a divorced family. They lived with mom all their life and had little contact with dad untill they were older. Some of the reason was because of mom and her lies and the rest of the reason was because of their step mom not wanting dad to have anything to do with them. (I wouldn't say that about a step mom unless I knew for fact but I have seen her in action! This woman does ANYTHING to try and push the boys away!)

After brother in law called here and got no news he then called the hospital and found out that dad had actually died on the table and they had to use the defibulator to bring him back!! But the amazing thing was that nobody bothered to call either one of the boys!!!!!!!!!

When Dh got home from work we met brother in law and his family at the hospital and all went in together!! Both boys were hurt and upset but also knew that the hospital was not the place nor the time.

Then once they got into dads room they were both even more upset because a bunch of step moms family was there and talked about when they recieved "the phone call" about dad but yet the boys NEVER got a call!!!

I am confused about this whole thing!! How could a stepmom NOT call the kids and get them to the hospital in a situation like that!

Kitty C.

I can just bet that the SM told the hospital authorities that the boys should NOT be called, or else told them that SHE would do it, and never did.

No, the hospital is not the place, but I certainly would let her know later, in no uncertain terms, that what she did was unexcuseable and hope to God it doesn't come back to bite her some time.  Does your FIL know about her 'intervening' (not just this instance, but others as well)? And if he does, how does he feel about it?  If he doesn't, I'd wait a couple months, until he's fully recuperated, and broach the subject some time when all the boys can get together with him...ALONE.  If he doesn't know about it, he needs to.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

StPaulieGirl

I'm happy to hear about your FIL's surgery outcome.  I'm sorry that someone decided not to share critical information with the family.  Pretty crappy attitude on her part....