Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 11:48:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Can I do this?

Started by demi, Oct 02, 2004, 09:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

demi

My fiance of 8 years received a letter in the mail today stating a lot of lies from the ex claiming "I" said to her via phone conversations. I made NO SUCH statements that the ex is claiming I said. I would like to write her a letter, from "me" stating "I" NEVER had such conversations and/or made such staements.

What do you think I should do?

Thank you,
Demi

Peanutsdad

Blow it off.

Dont even bother getting into a mail/email snit match with her.

Now, if she was filing legal motions based on alleged conversations, then I would issue a answer in court denying any and all allegations,, bring on the proof ;)

demi

"Now, if she was filing legal motions based on alleged
conversations, then I would issue a answer in court denying
any and all allegations,, bring on the proof ;)"

That's exactly what's going on.

Thanks

demi

"Now, if she was filing legal motions based on alleged
conversations, then I would issue a answer in court denying
any and all allegations,, bring on the proof ;)"

Ok, but if they are phone conversations how do I "bring on the proof"? LOL

tulip

If she's filing allegations with the court, you should answer back with the court. Don't send her a letter, unless it is a copy of affidavit you, or your fiance filed with the court. Deny her allegations, and let her try to prove them.

demi

She hasn't started anything "legal" yet. But we fear it's a comin'. How can I prove I never said such things to her if what I was suppose to have said was done via the phone. I'm just the SO, however, I handle a lot of the paper work for all of this.

Peanutsdad

It's simple, either the accusing party has proof,, meaning phone transcriptions, or they dont.

So, if the proof doesnt exist,, I personally wouldnt worry about it. She'll have to back up her allegations in court or they get tossed.

joni

do not write her any letters, do not add fuel to the fire, your letter will resolve nothing.  

can I ask....why are you even talking to her?  I haven't said two words to my husband's Ex in 4 years.  I don't need to talk to the BM to have a relationship with my SD.  These aren't your kids...as much as you love them.  

YOu need to take this opportunity to remove yourself from the middle of everything.  Let your fiance duke it out with her.  Let your fiance fight his own battles.  Stop being his buffer and protecting him.  You can give him all the advice and support that he needs...and them some...but stay mute when you're in her presence.

Limit your talks to hi, good bye and thank you.  If you don't have conversations with her, she can't accuse you of saying anything.  You are making yourself vunerable by entertaining her directly.