Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 06:01:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

parenting time going smooth but then!

Started by raywagg, Oct 17, 2004, 07:08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raywagg

I moved back to Oh from Md because of the custdoy eval said that if I lived in Oh with suitable housing ithe recomendation would be for me to have possession of the kids becaus of moms blockage of the court orders and dnial of visitation for no reason. Moved to Cleve in May 04. Her atty withdrew from the case. I strarted speding more time with the kids we agreed on every 1&3 week i would have kids wens to sun 2&4 wens to fri this went good for about 3 months then she gets new attny all the sudden the mom wants to go to standard visitaion. In court the she tells the judge she wants to go to standard visitation. the judge says no  keep the new time we worked out not the standard.

Two weeks later I find myself in domestic voilence court accused of throwing my oldest son against a wall and  cursing at him (false). I don't know where this story comes from. but i havent seen my oldest son in over a month. We have had five hearings just on this matter I have lost my job becuse of going to court, we where set for trial then ere was no trial but they said they would dropp the charges if we just go back to standard visitation.I don't agree to that I haven't done anything oh yaeh I am allowed to be around and have the reg visit time with my youngest. What should I do my lawyer doesn't seem to want to take action he seems to want me to give up my rights to equal parenting time. just to have the case over with. I feel like I shouldn't have to give up anything or agree toi less time just because.

StPaulieGirl

Two weeks later I find myself in domestic voilence court accused of throwing my oldest son against a wall and cursing at him (false). I don't know where this story comes from. but i havent seen my oldest son in over a month. We have had five hearings just on this matter I have lost my job becuse of going to court, we where set for trial then ere was no trial but they said they would dropp the charges if we just go back to standard visitation.I don't agree to that I haven't done anything oh yaeh I am allowed to be around and have the reg visit time with my youngest. What should I do my lawyer doesn't seem to want to take action he seems to want me to give up my rights to equal parenting time. just to have the case over with. I feel like I shouldn't have to give up anything or agree toi less time just because.

If you have time, try and look at the ex's new attorney's past cases.  I'll bet most of them have been leveraged by false abuse complaints.  Your lawyer is not working in your best interests!  Ex is blackmailing you to get back the standard visitation.  Any lawyer who knows what he/she is doing, is going to use that in your favor.  Should use that in court to not only exonorate you, but even get you custody.  Your lawyer is supposed to be working for you, not the other side or the court system.

If you go along with this, it won't drop.  You may even end up in jail with a felony conviction.  I'm not blowing smoke.  Her goal is to strip you of all visitation.   Please check out the articles here dealing with false abuse complaints.  It's not too late for you, but it is for my friend.  His attorney had the same mindset as yours.

Good luck, and don't let them get away with this!

MixedBag

one board

But it feels good to see someone else say not to bargain.

onedaddy

Please, our custody trial is to begin next week.  I know BM's attorney is up to no good.  In fact, we have a sanction motion pending agianst the slime ball.
How do I look up his past cases?

MYSONSDAD

You could probably check him out thru the Circuit Court in your county, But first try the State Regulatory Board. You can find it thru a google search or check the archives here, TGB links for your State. Look  under Professional  License Lookups and see if there are any complaints against him.

"Children learn what they live"

StPaulieGirl

That is something that I don't know.  Check out MSD's suggestions on post #4.  I was tempted to look up the probate attorney that I'm stuck with, but I just don't have the time.  If I had thought to document everything, I could have at least reported him to the state bar.

I wish you good luck with your custody trial.  I hope your judge sees through any tricks that BM's attorney tries to pull.