Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 08:20:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Scientific Proof That Violence Is Only Committed By Men

Started by Brent, Oct 24, 2004, 08:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent

Whoops, my mistake- there isn't a man even mentioned in this story. :)  

Teacher Jailed After Brawl With Parent

Fri Oct 22, 4:59 PM ET

MACON, Georgia - A teacher-parent brawl in front of 19 primary school pupils sent a mother to the emergency room and the teacher to jail.

Teacher Katrina Ann Rucker, 30, is charged with battery and cruelty to children for allegedly beating a parent who tried to retrieve her daughter's book bag, The Macon Telegraph newspaper reported Friday.

According to police interviews, parent Lurella Amica went to Bruce-Weir Elementary School Thursday morning to deliver a note to her 9-year-old daughter.

At the classroom door, the girl told her mother that Rucker had thrown her bag in the trash can, the report stated. Amica entered the classroom and tried to get the book bag, but Rucker grabbed for it and the two struggled, the report said.

After Amica wrestled the bag away, police say Rucker picked up a chair and hit her in the back, knocking Amica to the floor. Rucker then began punching Amica in the face and body.

During the fight, the girl was reportedly crying for her teacher to stop hitting her mother and ran up to them. Rucker then allegedly hit the child, pulled her hair and pushed her out of the way before starting to strike the mother again.

Rucker dragged Amica by the hair outside the classroom, according to the report.

"A school administrator and another teacher had to pull the teacher off the mother," Macon police spokeswoman Melanie Hofmann said.

In Rucker's account of the story, she said Amica hit her hand during the initial struggle, Hofmann said.

"The teacher said she was defending herself because she gets a shot in that hand and it hurt," Hofmann said.  (Yeah, now there's an excuse I can buy into for her psychotic rage!... Brent)

Amica was in stable condition in the emergency room of The Medical Center of Central Georgia late Thursday night.

Rucker was placed on administrative leave.

Sylvia McGee, Bibb County's deputy superintendent, said school staff called the parent or guardian of each child in the class. Social workers counseled students, and only Amica's daughter left school early.

Principal Karen Konke sent letters to parents about the incident.

"Let me assure you the school is safe and that our students have been involved in appropriate instructional activities throughout the day," Konke wrote.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=817&e=14&u=/ap/parent_teacher_fight

StPaulieGirl

This is terrible.  What is going on in our schools?  Yes Brent, I agree with the point you're trying to make, however I'm looking at the main point of this story.

There are teachers employed by our public schools that shouldn't be around pets, nevermind innocent children.

MYSONSDAD

I think the point is, no man mentioned anywhere in this.

Better background checks would be a good start...

"Children learn what they live"

StPaulieGirl

Lol, this article was posted over on Free Republic.  A couple of posters asserted that there had to be a man involved.  As in these two women having some kind of a connection outside of the classroom.  

Too funny.  Why is it that some people automatically assume that when a couple of women get into a fist fight, it's over a man? Hahahaha!

That teacher is nuts.  Maybe the school districts need to start doing psychological testing, because I've run into some real live ones in the last 20 years.

MYSONSDAD

What is terrifying is that parents have to go thru psychological testing just to get a few hours a month with their kids. These people have control of our children 8 hours a day, five days a week. Now thats scary...

And that does not cover after school activities!

"Children learn what they live"

joni

I absolutely agree with psych tests on teachers.  My SD just told me something this weekend.  Her mother is working on her masters to become a teacher (very scary for the youth of America)....anyway, darling SD tells us that her mom says "her students are stupid Spanish kids...she can't believe how stupid they are."  Seems BM is teaching English as a 2nd language in high school.  

A little background info, not a nice comment to make for obvious reasons but also, my husband is an immigrant from South America, Spanish is his first language although he doesn't have an accent.  However, his parents do and my MIL's English is poor.  Nice comment for this woman to say, indirectly, about her child's grandparents???

How can a school hire a psycho like this?  This attitude and psychological damage on her students is just as bad as any funny bus driver who's got to be subjected to all sorts of background checks.  Don't tell me this woman isn't coping an attitude with her students.  Sick!

StPaulieGirl

You're right.  Of course you have to realize that the psychological testing that parents go through, is designed to keep them away from their kids.

Regarding teachers and their mental capabilities, all the government cares about is whether they can parrot pc bullshit.  I learned more from 5 years of Catholic school, than I did the rest of the 7 years of public school.  Sure, the nuns were scary.  What was really scary is getting my butt kicked on the playground daily for being RC....and the teachers on yard duty not doing anything about it.

This has been going on for a long time.  The story is pointing out just how bad things have gotten, when a teacher actually gets in a fist fight with a parent over a backpack.

If kids are in afterschool activities, the parent needs to be there.  I don't trust these people as far as I can throw them.

StPaulieGirl

Stupid Spanish kids?  OMG.  Oh, don't forget that this person is a "mandatory reporter".  She gets to make false reports to your local CPS.

Kitty C.

Because these idiots are 'chameleons'!  They put on this face and attitude to those in authority, pretending to be some 'great white hope', but under their breaths and to people they 'think' it won't make a difference to, they say the EXACT opposite.  Until they say the wrong thing to the wrong person............

I agree wholeheartedly in psych evals. for teachers.....maybe if we'd had them, we wouldn't have Mary Kay LeTourneau sporting two children from another child............

BUT..........understand that it is NOT fool-proof.  All the more reason for parents to be HEAVILY involved in their children's education.  I am on a first name basis with all of DS's teachers and advisors.  I e-mail them frequently and see them often in this small community.  I know that it can be much more difficult in larger schools and communities, but this is a child's future............nothing is more important!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

kitten

They say alot of people get into law enforcment for the sheer control of it, I believe that is also the reason behind alot of teachers.  

Administrative leave?  Were assult and battery charges brought?  That poor little girl!