Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:05:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Lets' Set a New Agenda

Started by POC, Nov 01, 2004, 07:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POC

Whomever is elected president, governor, rep, senator, etc... let's put the pressure on them. Please ask reporters to start asking our newly elected/re-elected leaders, "In the absence of wrong-doing, do they believe that both parents should be allowed to share meaningful time with their kids?"

It's simple and to the point. It's really yes or no. They can make all the lame excuses they would like. We've heard them all before. If they want to talk about the small percentage of dads who abuse or neglect their kids, they are only reinforcing the absence of wrong-doing provision. If they want to talk about the small percentage of dads who don't want to see their kids, they are only reinforcing the "allowed to share" provision. Soon, all will be able to see if these "leaders" truly believe that both parents ought to be a meaningful part of their kids' lives, or not. Then, good moms that are NCP's will get the respect they deserve too.

Sooner or later, there will be a reporter who wants to make a name for him/herself!

joni

there already is...Glenn Sacks, //www.hisside.com.  Glenn's got many supporters on this board and with his national following, Glenn's been able to really draw some attention to important men's issues in addition to shared parenting.  you can listen to his radio program via the web at his site.

POC

Joni,

like many others on this board, I too am a supporter of Glenn Sacks. But, if others do not lay ground work with reporters, Sacks will have little traction for this movement. If reporters think enough other people want to know the answer to something, they will ask the question - that's all they have to do.

That's the beauty of setting the agenda. If you get to ask the questions, it doesn't matter what the answer is.

Davy

I agree substantially with any and all continuing efforts to force change  and hope for responses from this post.   Let's color outside the box !!

My long time vision is that we, as a culture, stop asking and start telling.
Dominating a new agenda would be an ATTITUDE SHIFT whereas attorneys and court rooms would be for extrordinary matters rather than the norm where government invites itself to interfere in the family unit and places children for sale.  

The entire concept would be to provide a foundation of human decency where parents would agree on all matters concerning the children.

AS AN EXAMPLE.  Does anybody think a uniform comprehensive one page parental agreement document could be devised and implemented nationally then managed by well balanced child focused parental assistance boards ??  

No politicians, no courts, no attorneys, no CPS workers, etc !!

oklahoma

"No politicians, no courts, no attorneys, no CPS workers, etc !! "

But what about the loss of jobs!!!  :)

MYSONSDAD

I am more then willing to do what it takes!

Where do we start?

"Children learn what they live"

POC

Good places to start are letters to the editor, legislative delegation meetings (will be coming up soon), websites of media outlets, and just about anyone else who might listen. You're only limited by your imagination. Just keep it simple. All of us are capable of putting together a dissertation about the matter. But, others don't care. I also don't recommend telling much, if anything at all about your personal situation. That only leads to the inevitable counterpoints of someone else's personal situation. From there, the conversation only digresses.

To the point, "In the absence of wrong-doing do these leaders believe that both parents should be a meaningful part of their kids' lives?" As their constituents, we deserve to know if and how they intend to formulate this belief into public policy. If they have no intention to do so, we deserve to know that too.

Davy

POC; please consider :

"Good places to start are letters to the editor, legislative delegation meetings (will be coming up soon), websites of media outlets, and just about anyone else who might listen. You're only limited by your imagination".

Every bit helps but like efforts have been accomplished over many years by many individuals and groups and very little has been accomplished.

" Just keep it simple."

Absolutely !

"All of us are capable of putting together a dissertation about the matter. But, others don't care. I also don't recommend telling much, if anything at all about your personal situation. That only leads to the inevitable counterpoints of someone else's personal situation. From there, the conversation only digresses."

Absolutely.  There are other places to vent and share experiences.  
In bizzard situations folks think you're lying/exaggerating and/or can't identify with the situation because one has to live it.  Hell, I saw, heard, and experienced and I don't even believe it.  

"To the point, "In the absence of wrong-doing do these leaders believe that both parents should be a meaningful part of their kids' lives?""

In the absence of wrong-doing BS is a big part of the problem.  Moreover you're ASKING for a response to a question that practically everybody will affirm.  

"As their constituents, we deserve to know if and how they intend to formulate this belief into public policy. If they have no intention to do so, we deserve to know that too."

As a constituent they respond to us.  We don't respond to them in matters concerning our children according to their belief systems and social policies that are clearly deplorable and unworkable.    Our objective NEEDS to be one that defines a functional policy for our children.  

I believe that happens by removing oneself from the issue and to focus on an objective.  The mechanics and details follow.

MYSONSDAD

POC, you have more experience then I do, just let us know the WHO, WHEN, WHERE...!

"Children learn what they live"

POC

Where are you from, and if different, where are your kid(s) now?