Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 07:42:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

To all my friends here..........

Started by Kitty C., Nov 23, 2004, 09:47:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty C.

I know I haven't been around for the past week.......I got pulled to another temp. position.  And I start my new job next week on Wed.  I have a feeling I'll be around even less after that.  And I don't have Internet access at home, at least right now (that may have to change, LOL!)

I was 'placed' in this new position, so you can imagine my feelings about it.   :-(   The good news?  The position I had applied for, interviewed with, and wanted desperately back in August has come open again!  It's the dispatch position and the hours and days will fit perfectly with my family.  I have this gut feeling that I'm getting shafted by HR, so I contacted my union pres. and told him I had applied for this position again.  He told me he would make sure that the head of HR knew he knew of the situation, so that they couldn't pull a fast one on me.  He's got my back door.

So things still haven't settled down on the job front, but there's still hope!  I just wanted to thank all my friends here who have supported me thru all this.....I can't thank you enough!  Knowing that you are all there behind me makes it easier to deal with all this and to keep forging ahead.  I thank God every night for such wonderful, caring friends!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

MixedBag

Good luck to you girl....sounds like something fishy...

MYSONSDAD

Just come back when you can, we will be here waiting.

And good luck with this second chance! Funny how things happen...

"Children learn what they live"

Kitty C.

Don't worry, I could NEVER give you guys up!  You've all helped me keep my sanity on so many occasions, I can't even begin to count.  Which is why I didn't blow up over what happened last week.  

Apparently a week ago Monday, SS tried to catch a football at recess and it hit his little finger, not bending it back, but 'twisting' it.  It got swollen and discolored and when SS called DH about it on Wed. (of course PBFH never called DH to tell him about it!), SS said that SF wouldn't let PBFH take him to the doctor to get it checked and SS wanted DH to come over and take a look.  DH did, and told PBFH under no uncertain terms that SS HAD to be checked out.  So she took him to the doctor the next day, they ended up in Radiology (no surprise there) and found out that he had a FRACTURE!  It's now in a splint....surprise, surprise.  But you know what's REALLY stupid?  Apparently SS also had some mild congestion and a cough, so PBFH insisted on a strep test and antibiotics.  And we have no proof that it was a positive or negative test, she wouldn't tell DH, just insisting that SS take his meds last weekend.

On top of that, she said very little of this to DH, DH found out about most of this from SS.  I gave DH the riot act on that, insisting that he NOT put SS in the middle, that as distateful as it is for him to talk to PBFH, he MUST do it for SS's sake and tell SS that his and PBFH must talk together about these things and it not go thru him.  I just can't seem to get thru to DH that SS is going to end up resenting BOTH of them for forcing him into this position.......that they can't be adults and parents enough to him to work together.

I came damn close in marching over there and giving her a piece of my mind.  She can't take him in to be treated for a discolored, disformed finger, but she can throw useless antibiotics at a possible virus, thus lessening her son's ability to fight off these bugs and making him even more resistant to antibiotics in the future and potentially compromising his life in the process.  It makes NO sense whatsoever!  I swear this lady is NUTS!

As for me, I do think this is a second chance..........and a damn good one.  I know that if I hadn't had the support I've received from my friends here and my family, I wouldn't have even pushed as hard the first time.  But with support, I can be a VERY determined person!  And I have all of you to thank for that!  God bless you all!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

DK

I want to thank you for your advice regarding my 4 yo.  He has become my angel again. What worked was partially what you said and an idea my husband came up with.  TV was turned off, no computer games, chores (which was hard because he is 4 and likes helping mom and dad).  The big one was our new "No Chance Rule".  Once we are fed up we start this rule and it lasts the rest of the the day.  The toy he is playing with gets put up.  Time out (an occassional spank), a chore, early bath and bed.  What ever the crime warrents basically and the rest of the day he does what he is told the first time and we don't ask twice.  By then end of the first week my child said, "Are we starting the No Chance Rule now?"  He got it quick and it sticks to this day.  Now I can say he is just up to his normal 4 yo mischievious ways.  Thank goodness.  AND he will be 5 December 28th, on the road to kindergarten.  Time is flying, but I think he will be preepared to listen and follow directions and instruction.  Thanks again for your advice.  Look forward to hearing from you when you are able.

wendl

Good luck Kitty.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**