Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 05:14:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

where can I research cases in Minnesota

Started by spinner, Jan 08, 2005, 07:16:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

do you guys know where I can research past cases online, especialy cases from Minnesota ?

wendl

spinner

I am trying to learn about past cases on the judge I have, read about what makes him happy and what doesn't, if he is fair or not, ...

same thing about my ex lawyer, is she a newbie or has she won everytime?

I also want to research cases relating to visitations out of state and out of the USA.
My divorce decret doesn't specify any restriction as to where I can go during my parenting time.
I told my ex I was taking our kid to europe for Xmas (I am from there).
Now that we are back she is filing an order to show cause on this saying she didn't know, .... she lied to the judge saying there was a provision in the divorce decret to take my kid abroad but there isn't.

Anyway, we are going to see the judge (lawyer and I) but before I like to research judge and cases

wendl

http://www.romingerlegal.com/state/minnesota.html

http://mail.statebar.gen.mn.us/search/search.asp

you can also try to do a google search on judge an attorney.

Also most attorneys know most of the judges and how they typically rule. Also you should be able to go into the court during one of the judges sessions and watch him in action so to speak, some with the checking out the other parents attorney.

When you informed your ex of going to Europe did you do this in writing, if so she cannot say she didn't know. You can also state you were not aware of where in the parenting plan it states you cannot take your child and request they show you this section of the orders so you don't make this mistake in the future.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

spinner

well there is no section to show because there is nothing preventing me to take my kid abroad, she simply lied, ...

well I gave it to her in writing and believe me she denies she had it.
she even helped me get a passport for our kid yet she denies it in court.
I am confident of the outcome, .... but I want to research

thanks for the links

wendl

Did mom have to sign for the passport??? If so there is your proof.

If their is nothing in the court orders stating you cannot take the child out of said home state then you have no problems (JMO)

Whenever sending mom anything it is always best to do certified return reciept cuz then you have proof she actually received it.

spinner

yes mom had to sign for the passport HOWEVER

I asked the office for a copy of the form and they won't make me one, they say that both parents need to agree, ...

Also before she left she said that the passport wasn't there yet so we left with the european passport (kid has dual citizenship). she now denies agreeing for that xmas trip but say that it was for a possible "february trip" which is a lie.

No problem yes HOWEVER she lied to the judge saying it said in the order, ... but didn't give him one. we see judge tomorrow to give him the order to review, ... so even though this isn't a problem, I still had to pay a retainer and we have to go see the judge, ....

I know for certified but it's hard, ... we write to each other every weeks, ... We exchange the letters at the time parenting time change

wendl

Well if she says it is ok for the kids to go in Feb why not over Xmas??? I don't think a judge would understand that thinking either.

OK Mrs Ex let me get this right, you said it was OK for Mr X take the children to Europe in Feb then why wasn't it ok for him to do over the holidays during his visitation time.

Ask for attorney fees do to this.

JMO

spinner

hehhehe yeah you got my point, don't we all have "nutz" ex.

we are asking for attorney fees and sanctions

wendl

my ex isn't that bad, but dh's is another story.