Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:23:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Opinions on Child Vaccinations??...*everybody*

Started by TPK, Jan 11, 2005, 10:05:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TPK

http://www.deltabravo.net/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=3929&mode=full&page=4

TPK

Genie

Genie

has been made yet.  You have as much right to take her to the doctor and make medical decisions right now as she does. No judge is going to tell you you were wrong b/c you got her immunized.  "Well, I carry the insurance and she is out of state now so it was easier for me to do it b/c I know it will be covered here...." etc etc

There is no order telling you you can't make medical decisions. You have visitation at your house on several evenings.  Make appts during that time.  Plain and simple.

What has your attorney stated about this issue?

nikilax

The mother took the child and has been hidden for months, so TPK hasn't had an opportunity to take the child and do anything as of yet.

TPK

I do have visitation now including some overnites.

Judge in Orange County today said NO vaccinations. I'm not sure if this is Judge's stance on vaccines. The venue is being transferred to Ulster County and I'm guessing that Judge today wanted to let that County handle the vaccination debate.

Good news though. I will be going with wife next Tuesday to Dr for a child well check. This will be my chance to ask the Dr about vaccinations. This will be my 1st visit to Dr with child, and I intend to ask a whole lot of questions.

Thanks to everybody for taking time to give opinions on the vaccination issue.  I'll lay this to rest for now and give the forum an update when something happens with this issue.

Cheers!

TPK

Taichi

(Health and Human Services will only get involved if the child has not seen the doctor in 12 months.)

I am against.

There are several doctors that have a problem with the current vaccination schedule. They feel it is unnecessary as well as stupid to have more than 2 vaccinations at one time. One of the biggest reasons for this is if there is a reaction you will have a better chance of knowing which one cause it.

Say your child goes in for a MMR, Polio, Hep B and Flu (just listing 4 random) and there are serious reactions. The parent will have to cut all four shots off of the child's vaccines instead of two. For those of you who are for vaccines, this is a good argument against the current schedule.

One specific pediatric doctor is seeing half vaccinated kids and half unvaccinated kids. In his experience the vaccinated kids have more ear infections and generally take longer to get over being sick.

There is a good reason for this. A child's immune system does not fully develop until age 2. To give them vaccinations before this compromises their immune system.

Right now a child has to recieve 21 shots in 3 to 4 years time. They are adding more shots all the time. There are already STD shots on the market and they are debating about adding those to our children's schedules.

Autism and MMR vaccine. The doctors who were examining this were doing blind testing. When they found the link all funding was cut off. The government has it's own agenda and they have done this in the past to things that were eventually proved to be fact and very harmful.

Mercury and vaccines. Even the medical industry has noticed how harmful mercury is to children and the current schedule has proven that the children are bombarded with more than twice the safe limit of mercury. NOW, it is true that current vaccines have little to no mercury, but ONLY if you are able to afford the fees of getting vaccines at the clinic.

If you have to go to a reduced or free clinic to immunize your child, your child will recieve the mercury-based vaccines.

Doctors are required to tell you before you immunize your child all the risks and benefits associated with the vaccine they are giving your child. Do they? No. This is illegal and medical malpractice.

Vaccines are also another cause of SIDS. In countries where vaccines are not required, they have rare to no cases of SIDS.

The DPT vaccine has been linked to ADHD, though in the site (direct from the company involved in making the vaccine) I came across ages ago, ADHD was called by one of it's many predecessors hyper-something or another. I would give you that link, except my computer was wiped since then and I lost it. I can give you this link however http://www.healing-arts.org/children/vaccines/vaccines-dpt.htm

http://www.whale.to/vaccine/law7.html This is a link to all reported injuries and deaths due to DPT. They do have links on all vaccine related injuries as well, tho I am not sure if it is on this site or another.

Chicken pox vaccine. Just a couple of things. One, by getting this vaccine you are at risk of giving your child chicken pox (as by giving your child any other immunization you are at risk of giving your child that disease) (My SIL found that out when her youngest had the varicella vaccine and developed chicken pox from it) but when your child gets chicken pox anyway (as is also possible) it has been proven that it will take your child longer to get rid of it than it would normally take.

My boys got chicken pox at age 21 months and 10  months. They came home from the doctor Monday (are normally kept between home and Grandma's house, sometimes the park and the store (carts are wiped down with anti-bacterial wipes)) and my eldest got the first mark of chicken pox on Wednesday. He was over it in 1 week. Had a healthy appetite and no fever or any other symptoms (other than the rash assocated with it). My youngest had it 2 weeks to the day later and again was over it in a little over 1 week. He did develop a small fever for 4 hours a couple of days after the spots showed, but again had a healthy appetite the entire time.

I had an entire folder of both pro and con on vaccines (taken from sources as non-biased as I could get) and in the end, I decided the risks were not worth the benefits. In addition to my religious and philisophical beliefs, this doubled my efforts in finding out the current laws in my state on vaccines.

No matter what my personal/religious/medical reasons are, this should not influence yours. Even if I was totally for them, that should not influence your desicion either.

This is your child. You need to read all pro and all con that you can (FYI, religious-based research is generally con, medical-based research (especially from institutes) is usually pro. You need to find resources that are as non-biased as you can find. Then you need to list your own pro and cons and find out if you are in agreement with your ex or against her.

Once this is done, you need to find out if you have any say in medical decisions, if you do, it might not be a bad idea to go in front of a mediator about this if you have decided your child needs these immunizations.

I guarentee you one thing. Based on what little information I have about your ex, if you go to mediation, there is a good chance she will not have any documents backing up her decision not to vaccinate. You, on the other hand, will. This will work against her.

I wish both you and your child the best of luck and I wish you the wisdom of Solomon. Peace be with you,
Taichi

wendl

Well I had my son vacinated.

But I do understand where KAT is coming from, as my sons 1st daycare provider moved here from Brazil, she had her 1st child vacinated and he had serious reactions to this and major medical problems and died at a very young age, she did not vacinate her other 2 children when they arrived and they grew to be healty adults.

I think it is upto the parents but it needs to be an educated decision, my decision was to get my son vacinations as the bad reactions some have outweight the possitive ones (in my opinion)

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

TPK

I can give an update on this situation.

In Feb. I went with wife and child to the pediatrician. I figured this was my chance to get the doctor's opinion in the presence of the wife.

I brought up the vaccine issue right away with the Dr. I told him I was for the vaccinations, and wife chimed in with "I'm just delaying it for now".

Doc says "you're not delaying, you're refusing"

Doc hammered on her about how important the vaccines were, but did suggest a chick-pox vaccine was not really necessary. I tend to agree with Doc on that.

She used all her excuses such as autism, reactions, deaths from vaccines etc. Doc wasn't buying any of it.

After the well-check (child checked out fine, very healthy) the Doc stuck a paper in front of wife. It was a REFUSAL TO VACCINATE form in which he said she had to sign it cuz she's the CP right now.

I could see she was caught off-guard about having to sign this. She seemed very nervous all of the sudden. Doc says she's gotta sign it because he needs to cover his ass. She did sign it reluctantly but you could tell she was out-of-sorts after signing it.

I had thought that Doc might've gotten thru to her. Sadly, once we left she started again with her anti-vaccine diatribe and I could tell that what Doc told her had fallen on deaf ears.

So, it's gonna come down to bringing this issue up in court, and possibly getting a Doc's opinion as to what the child's best interest is.

Wish me luck.

TPK

Kitty C.

Talk about a INVALUABLE piece of evidence!  I betcha dollars to donuts, that doc would trip over himself getting you a copy of that form she signed.  And since you obviously have joint legal and it pertains to YOUR child, you have every right to have a copy.  Get one for court.

If, for whatever reason you are unable to get a copy directly from the doc (ex throws a fit, HIPAA law, etc.), tell your atty. you want the child's medical records from this doc subpoenaed for court.  I can also bet you that the doc made a very blatant comment in the office notes of that visit pertaining to that 'situation'.  Would be beneficial to get copies of that, too.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......