Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 08:08:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What can teenagers do for fun?

Started by Wi-Mom, Jan 13, 2005, 05:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wi-Mom

My 17 year old daughter is complaining because she and her friends want to "do" something besides just hanging out all the time, and they are all broke from Christmas, plus she's saving for a car.

They were bummed because there really wasn't anything to go and do that doesn't cost anything. We're in the city, in Wisconsin, there's snow everywhere and it's freezing cold so they aren't going to hang out at the lake like they do in the summer. The only thing they could think to do was to visit pet stores and pet the puppies. Of course there are only so many pet stores. Anybody got any ideas of something cheap/free that is fun and interesting but cool enough to spark the interest of a teen?

I figured a hundred or so heads are better than one!

Thanks!

joni

A Pottery Store.  The ones around here charge $5/hr plus whatever pottery you buy.  You paint it and pick it up a few days later after it's been fired.

They could volunteer their time at a nursing home and adopt a grandparent.

sharptimes5

You mentioned that they went to a pet store to pet puppies...what about volunteering at an animal shelter?  Before I got pregnant, I volunteered at our base shelter doing all kinds of things...walking the dogs, playing with cats, brushing, cleaning, feeding etc...and there were a lot of young people doing the same thing.

Carol

MixedBag

Innertubing and sledding was the first thing that popped into my mind.

With the right outdoor clothes, it's not THAT cold to be outside all day.

Requires no skill like skiing.

Requires no special equipment.

backwardsbike

My son enjoys going to the local college campu where a chapter of MEC Warriors meets.  They also were involved in other role playing games that meet around here.

They also have friends over all the time.  It is like Kid Central at my house all the time.  One of my son's friends is here os ofter we call him my third son!  LOL

I keep forgetting how "dangerous" my house is supposed to be!