Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 05:42:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

My b/f in jail for 6mo. for failure to pay child support

Started by okcowgirl1974, Jan 17, 2005, 10:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

okcowgirl1974

his ex finally got what she wanted.  My last few relationship have had child custody issues with their child's mother, I have seen things from the guy's point of view.   My brother has been fighting his daughter's mom since birth.  I have seen it from my niece's point of view.  I have vowed that if God grants me children I will never put my through what ive seen these kids go through.  A child needs a mom And a dad.  Period.  I'm needing to find a support group to help me get through the next 2 months, and when he gets out.  If any other women are going through this too please write me here.  Its hard to talk to my family about this because they think if he's in jail he must have done something wrong.  He's never hurt anyone or stollen from anyone.  I wouldnt have stayed by him if he had.
Thanks, Amy

MafiaMom

In my state, the ONLY way they will issue a warrant is if you fail to appear at a show cause hearing...it's the only way they can get you into court, by going to GET YOU.

How did he get in arrears, and how far behind is he?

I do completely understand your frustration, however you are making your bf out to be a "victim" - and quite frankly, if my son needed food and shelter, I'd do ANYTHING to get it for him...including picking up pop bottles out of trash cans. If your bf was making ANY payments at all, they would more than likely NOT have put him in jail...even if he was paying under what was ordered.
Love me without fear-Need me without demanding-Trust me without question-Want me without restrictions-Accept me without change. Find my soul and I'm yours 4ever

Genie

judges usually don't throw someone in jail unless they owe CS, it continues to rack up and they have given the person every opportunity to get a job and/or pay CS & amount towards arrears each month.

So why hasn't BF been paying? Difficulties with BM and not seeing child is not valid excuse. Stinks but that is how it is.

Has BF been given work release so he can work or get job and pay CS etc while in jail?  

My DH was in work release for this last year. He is the idiot who doesn't think he needs to work & pay CS so in my opinion he got what he deserved.  But my situation is probably different than yours.

More details would help us give you sounder advice and support.

leftoverinmn

Even paying $25 a month would've kept him out of jail. That's what my BD does...