Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 04:52:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New - got a stupid Q

Started by fight4ss, Mar 08, 2005, 12:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fight4ss

Hi all. I'm new - fighting for my SS.

Stupid Q: If the BM moved months ago and didn't file her new address with the Court Clerk as stipulated by the Agreed Modification Order, do I need to let our lawyer know? We know where she lives and everything, but she didn't follow the new order. Order sayd she will notify within 5 days the Clerk of the court written notification of full new address.

I know it sounds stupid and petty - but we'll take everything we can on her.

Long story, but this is just a small but possibly petty thing where she has not followed the orders at all.

Thanks!

fight4ss

I didn't mention that we have a whole heap of things that this woman has done to not follow the orders. Lots of contempt issues. I just want to know if I can add this to the stack.

My DH is in Iraq and we're having to wait for him to get back before we can do anything. I just don't know if this is something else we can add.

Thank you!

MYSONSDAD

Yes, let your attorney know. I hope you have been keeping good documentation.

One thought to help with the contempt of non notification on address. Send her a certified, return receipt to her old address that is with the courts.  This way, you butt is covered....

fight4ss

Thanks. I'll let our attorney know.

I don't know about sending a certified mail though... She moved from a PO box to a house (finally!) and we live in a small southern state. She lives in a very, very small community. I'm afraid they would just send it on to her even though it's been six months since she's moved.

Wouldn't the fact that there's no paper in the file at the Clerks office be proof enough?

Thanks!

MYSONSDAD

One thing I did, was when the new phone book came out, it told a different version from hers. Hard to deny that, when her name and new number are in there, along with a new address.

You can also get verification on when the white pages database needs to be in to the printer.

"Children learn what they live"