Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 08:45:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stuck

Started by highroad, Apr 04, 2005, 06:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

highroad

I am stuck in a state of anxiety.  To ge reassurance about each step I take in my divorce case I speak to several more lawyers and other proffesionalsd and get different answers than I did the first round.  My lawyer has assured me that the couse he is following is the right one and he is very experienced and has a good reputation although he may be loosing his drive due to his age.  I can't seem to let go and trust him to do what it takes to get the results I want.  I am constantly second guessing him.  Maybe I just want a gaurenteed specific outcome?  maybe he is not a match?

PLEASE ADVISE!

gipsy

What I learned , I am Much like you and My atty figured it out and said , What you think I have a crystal ball , Go watch a trial , Thats what My atty told me too do and it helped , Because I saw the court  and the judge as really human ,There is a lot of fear and anxiety , Mine was several rental houses  I own and , How much time I get with My son , And how much it costs to get divorced , And Yes , There are diffierent opinions , But generally  I saw that there isn't a lot too it < One thing My atty did that was expensive , was to depose her , Too see what she was going to say , And of course she lied , But told the truth a little , You will be likely to settle out of court , I did not  read in your post about  property, So if there isn't much money involved then , It will boil down to the kids , And that may be where you focus your efforts , Stay cool , This passes ,  It takes a year to get to court here for divorces , So Find a hobby,, not much will start to happen untill you get a case schedule, then . Every one will start sending papers back and forth ,Mostly to find out what you want  As far as property division and A parenting plan . You could occupy time By getting a parenting plan and ,writing down a property division list , And a temporary property division list , It drives you nuts But it will be done , And I am Happy that I am divorced now that it is over !!

highroad

Every step seems like life or death.  it is so difficult to trust someone (an atty) with something as precious as my child.  I seem to think if I get the right attourny that I can get what I want.

Are you in the Seattle area and if so can you recommend good atty's and a support group?

THANKS!  

Peanutsdad

Ok, first of all, you gotta relax. You wont do your child any good if you wind up in a mental hospital.

The previous poster was right,, find a hobby, relax, take time for you. If you sit and sweat this all the time it will eat you up.

highroad

Great advice.  i also had a direct talk with my atty. and we are now on the same page.  big relief.

THANKS!

gipsy

there use to be a guy up there called marvin ,     My last addy   [email protected]  .     Also up there is a  legal aid group called Northwest  justice project ,try those , I dated a girl that worked for the NW justice project , they are  low cost Atty's . you may be able to use them, BUT they have a fantastic self help web site . try searching it ,I have some other links , Email me [email protected],I some how have this  Washington law site that keeps sending me up dates , I need to re read some of your posts but that should give some home work , Be pro active