Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 06:45:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

can you file a motion while a motion?

Started by spinner, Jun 28, 2005, 07:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

can you file a motion for contempt while you are waiting to go to court for a hearing on another motion

so I have motion 1 in court mid July.

However today AGAIN I got denied parenting time so I want to file for contemps, .... do I need to wait till after the mid july court or can I file it before with a court date after ?

joni

nope, you can file whenever you want.  I agree, it's a good strategy to get this before the judge before your other motion.

spinner

you mean you think I should file the contempt motion before the hearing mid july so the judge can see that there is another motion comming down the pipe or do you mean it is better to wait till the first one is over first ?

joni

determined

If there is sufficient notice. you might be able to get both motions consolidated into a single hearing.  That would both save time and expense for everybody involved and allow for a more complete hearing of the situation.

flewwellin

I'd make the court dates fall on different days.  Because you want each issue taken into consideration without being looked over and ignored.   Go ahead and file.

gipsy

My atty use to say file every time , Its alway's good to have an atty that you can just ask