Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 10:10:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

More prayers needed!!!!!!!!!!

Started by msme, Jun 23, 2005, 06:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msme

Hi everyone. Well, here I am again. Back in rehab & not doing as well as I expected to. I went in on June 8 to have a total knee replacement. Surgery went well & my recovery was going great & way ahead of schedule. I was supposed to be home yesterday & walking great.

But as those of you, who have known me for a while, know, I always do everything the hard way. Saturday morning as I was sleeping through still another two hour session in the CPM machine (lovingly refered to as the torture chamber by the patients) something went haywire. The CPM is a machine that takes your leg from a negitive straight extension to an ever increasing degree of flexion. They increase the degree every day.

Anyway, I got a very rude awaking when somehow the machine fell off the bed while my leg was still strapped in it. Thank God that the surgery was not damaged. Of course, I have a very badly sprained knee & ankle, Now I have to start trying to walk all over again. For some reason it hurts a lot worse & is much harder to move than it was right after the surgery. I guess I will be here for at least another week or more.

On the good side, I got a new puter sitting at home waiting on me so I will be able to hang out here more often. Anyway, hugs to everyone & please keep me in your prayers so that I can get out & going again.

You never get a second chance to make a first impression!

janM

Hey, it's great to hear from you again!

My mom had both knees done (separately) and my dad had a heck of a time trying to get her to do the exercises. This was years ago...maybe if they had had one of those machines it would have been easier.

Regards to gr8dad and all the family!

wendl

OH msme you always have that dammed luck.

Extra prayers from us, hang in there hun.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

msme

Thanks for the prayers & good wishes. Today is a little bit better. I had aqua therapy yesterday & it seems to have helped.  I just gotta keep my chin up & keep trying. I will be fine.

Hugs to all

You never get a second chance to make a first impression!

determined

As always, I wish you the best.