Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 01:48:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Supreme Court Ruling Hurts Families

Started by InTheMiddle, Jun 16, 2004, 05:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InTheMiddle

Socrateaser has already posted about this.

"The U.S. Supreme Court made bad law concerning the rights of noncustodial parents to sue on behalf of their children and, even worse, abdicated its fundamental role in the U.S. system of government."

http://www.democratherald.com/articles/2004/06/16/news/opinion/edit04.txt

I orginally posted this on a step-parenting board full of women, and the results were shocking.  The women are totally for it!!!!!  Most of these women are in 2nd marriages and don't seem to care that their current husbands will have not rights with their biological children.

I am really afraid how far some people will take this.  Does this mean if my non-custodial daughter is getting raped by her step dad, that the non-custodial parent can't do anything about it?  What about public schools denying the rights of biological children with IEP's?  Does the non-custodial parent have no right to complain?  And how will this affect medical decisions?  If the non-custodial parent pays for the medical insurance, does this mean the non-custodial parent has no say in the care yet still needs to pay for everything?

How far do you think someone will take this?