Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 07:56:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Need childs info

Started by snapplegirl69, Aug 31, 2005, 07:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snapplegirl69

We do not have any information for my stepson such as birth certificate,social security number/card,or medical records.When bm has been asked for these things,she said he is the father so he can get the information himself.Every site I look on to obtain social security card needs an id(childs medical records,etc) and birth certificate.They were never married,so I dont know how he would go about getting the b.c because its not a public record and his name isnt on the birth certificate.Shes is just a pain in the you know what and wants wants wants,but will not provide him ANY info on ss,even though he has joint legal custody.Any suggestions besides having to bring it to court?

joni

if he's got joint legal custody, I would take that court order to the birth records department at the county assessor's office as proof of him being the father and request the birth certificate.

if the desk clerks say no, ask for a supervisor.

and once you get the b.c., send it in with a court certified copy of his joint legal custody court order to the social security office to get a card on the child.  if you're near the office, I would again go there in person.

MrR

The Department of Health and the hospital where the child was born are other options for that information. Be prepared to submit a copy of the decree and pay a small fee.

The divorce decree should list the child's SS#.

If/when medical/dental/hospital/pharmacy bills arrive...contact their billing department, explain the situation and (see above).

The same drill will apply when the child's school records are requested, sans the small fee.

Request that they keep the decree on file to avoid that step in the future. They are just trying to cover their tails via liability reasons.

Though you shouldn't have to go to these lengths, the process will get easier with time. You are definitely NOT alone!

MrR

[email protected]

wendl

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

MrR

I'm ok...thanks for asking...Miss all of you!