Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 04:19:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Medical Records Question

Started by snapplegirl69, Sep 13, 2005, 03:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snapplegirl69

We just finally received ss medicals records,but his social security number is not on there.I thought this would be on the medical records.Thats one of the big reasons we requested it.Any info?TIA

wendl

Don't any of your court orders have the SS# on them, or TAX returns, most of the time the parents are to give the other parent a copy of tax returns every year or two.

Check your prior records cuz in determining CS orders you usually get a copy of the Tax record and if the other parent claimed the child it will be on their.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

snapplegirl69

The court orders only have bm and the fathers social security number on them.As for tax returns,she filed them the first year,then her mother filed them,saying father would get to claim him next time.When next time came around,she renigged on that agreement.So my fiancee has never been able to claim him,even though bm was on welfare half of the time.

Kitty C.

You won't find it on any of the medical records unless they also include a copy of the initial registration form.  Most healthcare facilities are doing away with using SSN's for ID purposes, just like the DMV's are.  There's always a possibility that the hospital may not have it.  The only other thing I would suggest is going to the hospital records dept. in person and asking to see the actual record, just for that purpose.  They may allow you to see it (possibly for a charge) or find the info and give it to you themselves.  Each dept. runs slightly differently, but they ALL have to follow fed. HIPAA regs.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Samson2005

I took a birth certificate to the SSA office, showed them ID and got a duplicate card for myself and daughter.