Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 03:41:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Parental Alienation Syndrome

Started by MomX5, Dec 01, 2005, 03:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MomX5

I have read and read articles on PAS, but the problems we have are different. I am the stepmom of 2 teenagers. Their mother continues to do hateful things to alienate them from her. I dont understand her reasoning. For example she wanted to take her daughter shopping for her 15th birthday. That was fine, she took her shopping. The entire 2 hours they were together mom shopped for herself and bought nothing for the daughter. When leaving the mall, the daughter asked her mom where they were going next....mom replied you are calling your stepmom to come get you because I have a date. Another example would be...mom bought a car for her son...the deal was for him to pay her back and he did. Once he paid her back she wrote up a bill of sale and signed the title over to him for his 18th birthday. A week later he hadnt had time to have the car registered so being the loving mother she is, she offered to have it registered for him. He gave her the bill of sale and also the title. While he was at work, she had the car towed to her house and called him and told him that it was her car and there were no bill of sale and no title. What kind of mother would do that to her kids??? She is not spiteful and mean to her ex it is the kids she is taking it out on. This is only a couple of examples most of them are worse than these. What can you do to protect the kids from this? Why would she be doing this to the kids? Is there a name for this sickness??
Please advise.

snapplegirl69

Its called greed.Would your dh be willing to take custody of the xhildren?Would they want to live with you guys?

dearsirena

be going on!  You will hear stories from the Skids but you may never know what truly happened or the other side of the story.  When a mother and daugher go shopping it doesn't mean that mom has to buy her something.  She may have only wanted to get ideas from the bright eyes and excitement from her daughter to decide what she was going to buy ultimately for her.

With the son, again you may not know the entire story.  Perhaps this boy owes his mother money from previous issues and never made good and this was moms way of teaching him the realities of life.  Too many parents give their children things without teaching them the value of responsibility.  I am not saying that is what happened here but you will never know what happens on the other front.

In a way I wish more parents would help their children grow up, if this was truly an innocent thing and what she was doing.  Otherwise, dealing with a malicious human being is better left to the mental care professionals.

MomX5

The skids do live with us. These things happened before they moved in with us. The shopping trip happened while SD was living with us. True mom may have wanted to get ideas from her daughter, but not likely. I have been dealing with this lady for 2 years she is nuts. The last visitation SD had with her mom, ended up SD getting chocked. SD ran to neighbors house trying to get away from mom, but mom chased her down and dragged her back from the neighbors yard buy her hair and shirt. Once in the house mom continued to slap daughter in the face and ended up on top of her with her hands around her neck chocking her. If mom's son would not have been home at the time there is no telling what would have happened. He pulled his mom off his sister.

The reason DM took SS car away is because she seen DH's son driving it one day. She told SS that she didnt want anyone driving the car expecially him. Then she  tricked SS into thinking she was going to get the car registered.

BM is so negative. When she calls here to talk to my SD it always ends up in a shouting match and SD always gets so upset. It ruins her entire day. Last time BM talked to SD, BM told her that it was SD fault that she tried to commit suicide. SD held this in for a couple of weeks and didnt tell anyone. Finally when it did come out, SD just broke down crying and all upset.

I just want to protect the kids from this. Is there anything we can do?