Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 12:51:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Attorney not responding??

Started by IceMountain, Feb 04, 2006, 11:52:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IceMountain

Normally my attorney is very good at getting back to me.  We communicate mainly through e-mail because of my work hours.  

We had negotiations a couple of weeks ago.  My attorney sent a pre-trial statement to me that I did not think reflected the negotiations, or 90% of my proposal.  It also only addressed visitation issues.  

I sent her an e-mail last Tuesday about the pre-trial statement and trying to clarify what was going on, etc.  

Two days later I received a letter in the mail that was dated Tuesday.  It requested financials, asked questions, etc. and was signed by her assistant.  I replied by e-mail, and asked if my attorney was out of the office, etc.  The assistant said she would follow up on the new info with my attorney and inquire about the other e-mail I sent.  She also said my attorney has been 'tied up' with court appearances.

It's been almost 2 weeks since the first e-mail.  No reply from anybody.   I left a message a couple days ago.  Still no reply.  The only thing I've received is a billing statement dated the same day as my 2nd e-mail.

I've already spent $2500 on this attorney.  Court is 5 weeks away.  I can't complete my financial affidavit until she answers my questions about the forms.  I'm going out of town in 2 days and I'm pretty irritated that I haven't heard back from her.

Sorry for the rant, but am I panicking over nothing???