Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 01:25:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CS and Custody

Started by Miller, Feb 14, 2006, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miller

My ex had threatened for years that if I ever tried to review CS, he would file for custody. I had never messed with CS but it's gotten to a point where our son's expenses are quite a bit more so a review was necessary...it has been 9 years.

Well, my ex is obviously keeping his "promise" and is now pressuring our son to move. Our son came home from spending the weekend with his dad and was so upset. He was up half the night with an upset stomach. I talked with him and asked if he was happy with how things are. He said that he is, but that he just kept telling his dad that all these questions are confusing him. It tears me apart to see my son in this position. I was so upset last night that I could have sworn I was having an anxiety attack.

So, if my ex is able to brainwash our son, how much weight does the voice of an 11 year old carry? Everything...I mean everything...in our son's life is great. Great grades, lots of activities, friends, everything! Also to note, I have sole legal and physical custody...my ex only has visitation. We are in IL.

msme

CS should have nothing to do with visitation. How much parenting time does he get? Maybe it is time to increase it. Do you live close enough to share parenting equally?

If your son is that upset with the issue, you should get him to a good counselor. He will be a great asset in deciding what is best for the boy.

Do you have any of his threats in writing or on tape? If you can prove the connection, the courts will not disturb the status quo without cause & CS is not a cause.

Remember that children need both parents fully involved in their lives, whenever possible. Consider going to the sample parenting plans on here & finding one that you can modify to meet your child's need for both parents. if you go to court with a well written, fair, parenting plan,  you should have a possitive outcome & your son will be the big winner.

Hope this helps. good luck & God bless.
You never get a second chance to make a first impression!