Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 07:26:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Not receiving money for their share of out of pocket medical expenses

Started by angel, Mar 15, 2006, 10:42:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

angel

How do you go about getting money paid that's owed to by NCP on out of pocket medical expenses? (*other* than filing contempt of court which *doesn't* work and *doesn't* produce results).

cinb85

the child support office told me that I have to take NCP to small claims court.  I've never tried it though.  He only has to pay 26%, so it's not really worth my time and aggravation.

Cookiemomma4

After you can prove that you tried to collect the money (by sending certified letters requesting it), you can ask Domestic Relations to try to collect the amount (at least here in Lehigh County).  Basically all they will do it tack it onto the owed support, but hey at least it is something right?  Well, alright, when they already owe you more than $5,000 it isn't much...but at least there is some accountability.  Small claims court is another option available and I know there is a way of attatching wages if you win your case and they still don't pay.  Plus this way they are also responsible for the fees and such.  Good luck!

msme

All you can do is dream. In TX, you can get it tacked onto CS but like the other poster said, that's just more smoke up the chimney. My son's ex has such a big arrearage that he will probably be retired & the kids all grown & on their own & she will still supposed to be paying but probably won't.

You never get a second chance to make a first impression!

ocean

How are you getting child support now? Here, you need to send a letter by mail to the NCP and then wait 30 days. Then the child support office will tack it on to the child support order for NCP's job. (as long as they have one)