Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 08:18:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PLEASE!! need more help searching for documents

Started by DaddyNeedsSon, Jun 18, 2004, 06:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaddyNeedsSon

i am looking for the correct form(s) in applying for guardianship for my children.....all i want is equal rights,visitation and responsibility......i live in florida and are not married but have 2 children.......Fl. statute744.301 gives mothers with children born out of wedlock guardianship.....where do i start?.....what is the correct petiton to start with?.....my local court house says they cant offer the info and its up to me to find so i am reaching out to everyone with info for help! i took a
 "UNIFORM CHILD CUSTODY JURISDICTION AND ENFORCEMENT ACT (UCCJEA) AFFIDAVIT"    
to the courthouse and was told its wrong paperwork........anyone please help......time is running out!

Rakkasan

If time is truly running out, you need to hire an attorney and fast.   Even if you think you can't afford one, work it out.   Sell your TV, stereo, tools whatever you can to raise the money.  

This is a one time deal, there are no time-outs or do-overs.   You have to decide what is more important, a relationship with your kids or your savings and accumulated stuff.  

Money and stuff can all be replaced later.  You only get one chance to be a parent to your kids.

[MARQUEE bgcolor=red" WIDTH="450" Height="5" LOOP="infinite" BEHAVIOR="alternate][font size= "4" color=white]
Decriminalize Fatherhood In Our Lifetime [/font][/marquee]

mudbunnies

well, from personal experience, my husband did the following;

his name was NOT on the birth certificate so he had to file;

1.  petition to establish paternity
2.  UCCJA affidavit

then he got into all the other normal family paperwork

a petition to establish paternity can be found by doing a basic forms search or asking the court clerk for the Pro Se packet, some have it, some don't...

its a start..

he then had to have the summons stamped by the clerk and then a copy of everything served by the sheriff/process server to the mother.

things progressed from there.