Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 05:27:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Alienation of stepparent and her family

Started by Caroleann, May 25, 2006, 03:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caroleann

My husband's ex is not directly alienating the stepkids from HIM...but has turned them completely against me and MY children. Unfortunately, we are long distance NCP and only see stepkids about 4 times a year...which gives us little chance for them to really see the people we really are.

In fact, the stepkids have been encouraged to become friends with MY exhusband and his wife via myspace (my ex refuses to pay child support and does not see our children)

I told my husband his childen are being seriusly manipulated by these 3 adults and coupled with some other questionable events, think he should return to court to get an order for counseling. (His exwife says there is nothing wrong with the stepkids and she refuses to take them to therapy. )

Ou lawyer said you can't get court ordered therapy for a 15 and 13 year old. (In Indiana)

This is starting to tear our marriage and family apart. Has anyone gone back to court and had the stepkids evaluated and ordered into therapy??

MixedBag

no, but I suggest that you read "Divorce Poison" because that book gives you tons of good information on how to combat or fight back.

I too live with a triangle out there long distance -- and it helps tremendously when the kids realize the truth when you talk to them.

Usually DH and I point out things like "How come it's O.K. for CP to do this and that but when WE do it, it's wrong?" etc...

ocean

YOUR DH has to put a stop to it. He can just say "I will not speak to you if you are going to put down the rest of my family". When the Skdis come to your house once again your DH has to put down his foot. They are old enough to understand there are different rules in different places. At the father's, they are expected to be respectful to everyone in the house. Then have consequences at your house and let your DH handle the disipline. Are they coming for a summer visit soon?
Why would the his kids contact your ex??? If he does not see the kids? He has conversations with your DH's kids but not his own?