Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 07:58:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

School starts in 3 weeks and mom pulls a #$@$@# on me what can I do ?

Started by porfavor, Aug 21, 2006, 08:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

porfavor

I am the father.
The mother of our child has agreed all year that we should try to get our child to enter the school system early.
Our son has a September birthday but is quite gifted so we went through the process. We received an approval for early school entrance in my school district as mother's school district does not accept early entrance.
Note that we live 4 miles from each other.

So everything was going fine when tonight she met with me and told me that this was a no no. she had found a school in her district willing to take our kid early and that t was easier for her right in her neighborhood rather than mine.

Note that she also got a new job 1 week ago and that she has to drive opposite direction so finds it easier for her.

So here we are at it, she signed happily every paper all year when we prepared and now she "flips her vest" as we say school starts in 2.5 weeks.

We came to a point in the discussion that if we couldn't agree then maybe our kid should just wait one more year which is such a major set back for our kindergartener. He already can count to 100, do additions and even subtractions, ...

Technically mother has full physical and we have shared legal however if you count the days we have shared physical but she has full on paper.

What are my options so close to school starting?
Is there such a thing as a emergency order?
how could I get a judge to rule on this?
I am willing to ask for custody at this point, I have lost totally faith in her. She openly laughed at me tonight telling me that she was THE MOTHER and could do all she wanted and "what does our kid cares, he is 4, if that makes my life better, who cares about education"

I am devastated

I am looking for options, ideas.
Thanks

ocean

Was the child signed up at your home-school? If he was signed up, then I think you could ask the courts to intervene because she agreed to your home school district but with 2.5 weeks until the start of school, you will have to act fast. What if you offered to drive him both ways for a while?
Good luck!

porfavor

that is what I proposed but going to court with 2.5 weekm, ...

what happens if a child start school and a parent want to remove the child from the school ?
isn't that illegal ?